A mid-size specialty wine importer based in New York City is currently seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic candidate for an entry-level position in our Operations Department. This is a hybrid role, 3 days in office, 2 work from home.
The ideal person will have a desire to develop with a dynamic, growing company.
We are seeking a candidate based in New York City.
This is a full time position. Salary will be at an entry level plus benefits.
The primary function of this position is to support our Director of Operations, as well as a set of Regional Sales Managers in an administrative role. We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with team members and customers
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and a "can do" attitude
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks
- Good time-management and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Can take direction but also shows initiative, a self-starter
- Dependable and strong customer service skills
- Works well by self but is also a team player
- Interest in learning the ins and outs of logistics and operations in a global industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, and Outlook. Excellent abilities at Excel a must!
- A basic level of wine knowledge at the minimum
Some of the job duties include but are not limited to:
- Processing and invoicing purchase orders
- Communication with Distributors and Sales Managers across the U.S.
- Inventory Management
- Executing National Accounts Programs
- Compiling and Analyzing Reports
- Tackling Specialty Projects on a per need basis
- Shipping Wine Samples and Managing our Wine Room
- Processing Distributor Billbacks
- General support to the sales team
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.