Internationally known, Sterling Vineyards is one of the most visited wineries in Napa Valley. Modeled after a Greek monastery, the winery sits 300 feet above the valley floor where visitors take an aerial tram to access the top-quality Bordeaux varietals and majestic 360-degree views of Napa Valley. Closed in September 2020 following the Glass Fire that affected much of the area, Sterling will be re-opening to guests in October 2023 complete with a new gondola system, re-imagined visitor spaces and a fresh take on Napa Valley hospitality.
About the role
The Hospitality Sales Lead is an ambassador all guest interactions through pouring and selling wines, hosting tastings, guiding tours and welcoming all visitors. The Hospitality Sales Lead will act as shift supervisor to lead by example and direct daily activities of Hospitality Sales Associates in partnership with the Assistant Hospitality Sales Manager.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Accountability:
* Assist with achieving or exceeding key DTC financial objectives including, but not limited to, total revenue, wine club conversion, new guest data collection and average order value (AOV) targets
* Follow proper inventory management to ensure minimal loss/expense each month
* Provide the first line of information to the guest by greeting, directing and answering questions regarding our wines, merchandise, history and facilities.
* Host wine tastings that convey Sterling Vineyards brand image and lead to sales transactions and brand loyalty.
* Complete transactions accurately on point of sales system, including shipping orders, wine club and cash transactions. Stock, price and display merchandise.
* Accurately report tips and other gratuities
* Open, close and operate cash registers
* Build, enhance and maintain long-term guest relationships
* Serve as a primary host for V.I.P. guests
* Maintain consistent guest service standards
* Educate the guests about the wines, wine making techniques and winery information and history.
* Offer wine club program and encourage sign-ups in a captivating manner as to increase sales and build customer loyalty.
* Engage directly with guests and proactively solve service issues and identify areas of opportunity
* Set-up and host wine tastings and tours for guests
* Pour wines and educate consumers on our wine(s) in an enthusiastic manner
* Regularly audit tour and tastings to ensure experiences meet established standards
* Follow GAMES according to Hospitality Academy standards
* Coordinate with Wine Club Ambassador to ensure wine club experiences activities are delivered to an exceptional standard.
* Act as an ambassador by working special events as necessary
* Work alongside team members
* Act as an informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, production, vintages, products and availability and awards and accolades
* Assist in events, private dinners and various site activities
* Collaborate with co-workers to provide a superior guest experience
* Provide service and hospitality that exceeds our competitors and our guest's expectations
* Stay current on Sterling Vineyards wines and guest offerings
* Strive for WISE triple score sales and service results
* Be informed on local hospitality offerings and make recommendations to guests
* Participate in TWE training programs
* Act as a backup for other Hospitality Sales Associates who are conducting tastings and tours
* Train hospitality staff to achieve both financial results and meet guest experience expectations
Team and Culture
* Model TWE DNA for all coworkers and guests
* Contribute to a culture of excellence among all new and existing employees
* Be engaged and active in local wine industry community
* Stock, organize and keep clean the working environment.
* Manage breaks and lunches for assigned team during daily shifts
* Ensure all Sterling SOPs and TWE policies are adhered to
* Ensure Sterling team adheres to all TWE Zero Harm and Health & Safety standards, and provide all necessary training
* Work with onsite maintenance team to ensure all guest facing areas are well presented, including equipment, landscaping and building interior/exteriors
What are the key decisions made in this role?
* Safety of staff and guests
* Proactively preventing issues and resolving any problems that arise - operational, logistical and guest service
* Cash handling
* Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws regarding alcoholic beverages service Complete projects and other duties as directed by Director of Hospitality.
What are the key challenges faced by this role in meeting goals/objectives?
* Increasing guest traffic and wines sales in a competitive market
* Effective communication to members throughout a large property during a multi shift, 7-day a week operation
Key Relationships (Who does the role interact with?)
* Director of Hospitality
* Associate Hospitality Sales Managers
* Sterling Hospitality DTC, Event & Culinary Teams
* TWE Trade & Education
* Winemaking and Productio
* Winery guests visiting Sterling
* Wine club members
* Chatterbox employees
* Local wine and hospitality industry members
* Trade guests referred by TWE employees
Qualifications and Experience
* You have a minimum 2 years wine sales, restaurant and/or hospitality service experience
* You are self-motivated, highly organized, and require minimal day-to-day direction
* You can effectively communicate in English with all levels of employees and consumers, written and spoken, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
* You are able to work flexible shifts, weekends and holidays.
* You have a strong knowledge of Napa Valley area, food and wine market in preferred
* You have a basic understanding of wine and winemaking.
* You must be able to travel on occasion to other Company locations.
* You must be able to lift 40 pounds.
* You must be at least 21 years of ag
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.