If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
The Cellar Foreman oversees, trains, and motivates employees in the department to ensure quality, efficiency, and safety while assisting with day-to-day duties and special projects.
* Under direction of the Supervisor or Manager, assign daily work and tasks to employees with emphasis on successful delivery of wine to Bottling Department
* Data Entry of Cellar Reports and Work Orders
* Check quality and quantity of work performed at various functions.
* Ensure compliance with Safety rules and procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), and Good Management Practices (GMP's), Constellation Brands Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
* Train and mentor employees in proper work techniques, sustainability and safety.
* Refer employee relations and disciplinary issues to Manager/Supervisor.
* Perform all levels of hands-on tasks for the respective department with a direct role and active presence on the production floor
* Attend recommended/mandatory Company sponsored training
* Monitor Cellar Inventory and recommend supply purchases
* Conduct tailgates, discuss safety topics, and lead stretching exercises
* Responsible for compliance with CBI sustainability policies and practices which are economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally sound. This is done by supporting programs at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental results.
* Safety-follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety
* Participate in Accident/Incident investigations
* Provide input/feedback to Supervisor for Employee Performance Evaluations
* Assist with work schedules and staffing overtime
* Collaborate with other departments, contractors or vendors to improve processes
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 2-5 years' experience
* Must have basic writing, math and computer skills
* Excellent Attendance record
* Ability to train at an advanced level on machinery such as; Crossflow, Electro Dialysis Machine, Supra Pak Filter, SC150 Centrifuge, Omnia and Dynamos Lees Filters
* Operating knowledge of Harvest related equipment; Crushers, Tank Presses, Automatic Pump Over devices
* Successful performance as Harvest Foreman or equivalent leadership role
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Physical Requirements: The employee frequently is required to sit, talk or listen and drive long distances. The employee is occasionally required to stand; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. Frequent walking, including going up and down stairs and ladders, and bending are required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Work Environment: Working conditions in certain areas of the winery are cold, wet, slippery and noisy. Involves exposure to hazardous conditions. Irregular shifts, including graveyard, and long hours may be required, particularly during harvest.
* Travel Required: Occasional
The purpose of this description is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
Operations and Production
The salary range for this role is:
$29.92 - $48.82
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, the prevailing minimum wage for the location, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category wit
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.