With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
INTERNSHIP DATES: JUNE-AUGUST 2024
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 18, 2023
LOCATION: MODESTO, CA
We verify anticipated and/or graduation dates against your resume. Please include the month and year of your graduation/ anticipated graduation
With a global portfolio of over 150 unique wine and spirits brands like High Noon, Barefoot Wine, New Amsterdam, Pink Whitney, Orin Swift, La Marca, and Apothic, Gallo is the largest family-owned winery in the world, a top 5 spirits company in the U.S., and growing. We're committed to providing you with opportunities for advancement, competitive compensation, benefits, and a work-life balance that supports your well-being!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
During your 10-week MBA SLDP IT internship at Gallo, you'll be responsible for a project with similar responsibilities to those of our full-time employees. Our interns work on high-impact and highly-visible IT focused assignments that support and benefit one of many of our company's areas, including E-Commerce and Direct-to-Consumer technology, Sales & Marketing, Systems, Agricultural Management tools, Winemaking, and Corporate Systems such as Finance & HR.
Our technology business consultants are at the center of the business - learning about their unique challenges and partnering with customers and stakeholders to understand & anticipate their needs and translate those needs into technology-based solutions.
INTERNSHIP HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
• A challenging 10-week project at the end of which you will deliver real solution recommendations for an actual business problem we are facing today in Information Technology
• Projects will align with one of the Full Time SLDP Technology rotation areas outlined below
• Supportive and fun co-workers in a rapidly growing industry, including dozens of colleagues who started through the MBA program as well
• Intern events ranging from executive dinners to excursions in wine country
Recent IT MBA internship projects include:
• Identify business use cases to take advantage of ChatGPT and develop a framework to evaluate and prioritize these and future use cases
• Recommend a GIS platform strategy given Gallo's current use of 3 different systems based on enterprise wide use cases
• Evaluate and recommend a single systemic ecosystem that could power all of Gallo's various tasting room properties
Gallo summer internships are a direct pipeline to full time positions in our MBA Strategic Leadership Development Program, which offers challenging assignments tailored around your individual career path.  In this program, you'll receive immediate responsibility and broad exposure to our growing business.  This is your opportunity to be in the middle of the action - in strategic positions with frequent exposure to company leaders, core businesses, and technologies - where you can quickly make meaningful contributions.
This flexible program will allow you to develop a robust expertise through functionally specific rotations in Information Technology, Finance, or Supply Chain. Your journey through this program is just the beginning. Through your rotations, you'll gain an understanding of what areas are a match for your skills and interests. Additionally, employees may elect to do a rotation that allows for cross functional experience in a different area based on individual interests and skill sets. We have identified some possible 12 to 24 month rotations within the areas below, but new opportunities are always emerging.  MBA SLDP participants graduate into management roles, and MBA SLDP alumni are leading groups across the company and across the globe. Apply now to be next!
ABOUT THE MBA STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (SLDP):
The SLDP program is designed to be an accelerated track to develop future leaders of the IT organization.  Your first role will be in IT. You'll play a key role as an internal business consultant driving strategic direction for technology projects and process redesign, across functional areas including::
• Business Intelligence & Data Analytics: Design new service models for leveraging data and insights through the application of data lakes, data pipelines, and dashboard visualizations
• Business capability assessment and recommendation: Manage relationships between IT & functional business partners to identify and evaluate process and technology improvements along with recommendations on scalability, alternatives, and investment in order to achieve department goals
• Enterprise technology: Evaluate technology product and platform needs for the winery and help identify opportunities for technology consolidation and/or expansion. Provide an assessment of architectural approaches and balance capability with total cost of ownership and sustainability.
You will gain Business domain expertise and help assess specific business opportunities within areas like Sales, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Winemaking etc. You will help create strong business cases and define the role of technology to achieve ambitious goals, assessing opportunities against existing technology within the winery and/or explore new potential technology with industry references and use cases. Examples within these domains include:
• Sales: Provide technical innovation and dynamic solutions to help us sell more product in the marketplace and continue to be a category leader
• Marketing: Continue to identify and implement innovative solutions to connect with consumers whether they're scrolling through social media, attending a live event, or browsing the local wine and spirits aisle
• Direct to Consumer: Lead pro...
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.