With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
INTERNSHIP DATES: JUNE - AUGUST 2024
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 18, 2023
LOCATION: MODESTO, CA
We verify anticipated and/or graduation dates against your resume. Please include the month and year of your graduation/ anticipated graduation
With a global portfolio of over 150 unique wine and spirits brands like High Noon, Barefoot Wine, New Amsterdam, Pink Whitney, Orin Swift, La Marca, and Apothic, Gallo is the largest family-owned winery in the world, a top 5 spirits company in the U.S., and growing. We're committed to providing you with opportunities for advancement, competitive compensation, benefits, and a work-life balance that supports your well-being!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
During your 10-week MBA SLDP Finance internship at Gallo, you'll be responsible for a project with similar responsibilities to those of our full-time employees. These projects will give you exposure to our functional areas and business, while also challenging you to apply your knowledge and expertise to real business problems. Our interns work on high-impact and highly-visible assignments in Finance. Recent MBA Finance internship projects include:
• What should Gallo's Pricing Strategy be in inflationary times?
• What should Gallo's strategy be in Celebrity Partnerships?
• What is the financial impact of variance from ideal blends in winemaking?
• What should Gallo's strategy be in luxury brandy?
INTERNSHIP HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
• A challenging 10-week project with real deliverables for our Finance organization
• Projects will align with one of the Full Time Finance SLDP rotation areas outlined below
• Supportive and fun co-workers in a rapidly growing industry, including 20(+) other elite MBAs
• Intern events ranging from executive dinners to excursions in wine country
Gallo summer internships are a direct pipeline to full time positions in our MBA Finance Strategic Leadership Development Program, which provides an accelerated track to develop future leaders.
ABOUT THE MBA FINANCE STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (SLDP):
The Finance SLDP program offers the opportunity to accelerate your career and make an impact right away.  You'll work on challenging strategic projects that give you broad exposure to our growing business and leadership. You'll develop robust expertise in multiple areas of Finance and have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally across departments (e.g., Marketing, Supply Chain, Tech) depending on your goals. Employees typically move into a new role within 12-24 months which allows you to take ownership of your projects, build skills, and show results. Our MBA SLDP alumni, many of which started as MBA Interns, are leading teams across the company and across the globe. Apply now to be next!
The Finance SLDP program is designed to be an accelerated track to develop future leaders of the Finance organization. Common first rotation department assignments include:
• Corporate Strategy and Business Development: Formulate long term strategy of the Winery, including acquisitions, divestitures and other strategic initiatives
• Brand Team Finance: Develop long and short-term strategic direction to support marketing, sales, and new products
• Operations Finance: Provide financial leadership to multiple wineries, bottling facilities, and supply chain
• Sales Finance: Develop profitability analysis, advertising spend management, and sales investment decision making
• Revenue Management: Develop pricing and promotion strategies to improve financial performance
• Wine & Grape Supply: Manage long-term strategic planning, working closely with winemaking, production, forecasting, and marketing to optimize the Gallo grape portfolio
All rotations provide an opportunity for our candidates to add value by working on high-impact strategic priorities for the organization.
Gallo has a rotation culture that extends beyond this program. Once at Gallo, candidates have the opportunity to rotate to other parts of the organization for future roles depending on the candidate's interest and business need. Some common cross-rotations from recent candidates include:
• Supply Chain
Gallo's corporate offices are in Modesto, California, in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley.  Modesto enjoys sunshine more than three quarters of the year. It's the perfect place for the outdoor enthusiast. Play a round of golf, go river rafting, or just enjoy one of our many parks.  To the west, you're only a 90-minute drive from San Francisco and all that the beautiful Bay Area offers. Travel to the east, and you could be skiing the Sierra Nevada or backpacking at Yosemite National Park. There's always something to do.  For those that choose to live outside the Central Valley, Gallo offers a free shuttle from the East Bay (Oakland and Livermore), so you can sit back and enjoy your commute.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Currently enrolled in the first year of an MBA program
• Three years of full-time work experience prior to beginning your MBA
• Required be 18 years or older. This may be in addition to other age requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description
• Experience effectively presenting information to top management groups.
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART:
• MBA Concentration in Finance or Strategy.
• Prior relevant experience in Consumer Products, Agribusiness, or Consulting
• Five years of full-time work experience prior to beginning your MBA
• Exceptional leadership skills and experience driving change in an organization
• Superior strategic,...
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.