Under close supervision, the General Cellar Technician efficiently performs general crush and wine processing duties, operates general cellar equipment, keeps accurate records and ensures work procedures are conducted in a safe and efficient manner.
• Diligently follows safety, GMP, and ISO procedures and policies to safeguard personal and team member's safety, wine quality and company property
• Constructs basic pump and hose transfer lines for movement of liquid products to and from tanks and tanker trucks, adhering to procedures outlined in General Standard Operational Procedures (modules)
• Ensures critical steps are followed for wine receiving and shipment of domestic and international loads that maintain quality and customer demands
• Communicates business information in a professional and clear manner
• Executes cleaning and sanitation steps to wine tanks, transfer lines and winery equipment
• Performs critical winemaking steps during harvest to rack clean juice to fermenters and expedite yeast inoculations and nutrient additions
• Monitors multiple assignments simultaneously
• Assists skilled technicians as necessary
• Takes initiative to maintain work area in a safe, professional and organized manner
• Uses downtime productively by working on assigned projects, clean-up or assisting other team members
• Supports site lean initiatives by actively participating in 5S initiatives
• Performs simple cellar tasks, such as but no limited to lees and oak removal inside confined spaces (tanks)
• May perform barrel work including cleaning, rotating, stirring, filling, cleaning bungs, fittings, etc as requested
• Assists in one of the harvest press areas or barrel room as needed
• Assists other departments as needed and may be provisionally reassigned to other departments based on business needs
• May operate high reach equipment strictly adhering to safety practices
*Other duties may be assigned
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Basic math skills and ability to multitask
Certificates and Licenses
• CA drivers license
Work at protected heights of 45', indoors and outdoors with marked temperature and humidity changes, exposed to dust, fumes, gases and noisy equipment. Must be able to work extended hours during the harvest season and rotating shifts throughout the year.
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.