Mi Sueño Winery is a family-owned winery, founded in 1997 by Rolando and Lorena Herrera and is in South Napa. Mi Sueño Winery is an artisan producer of Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir along with other fine reserve wines. We are a small dynamic staff looking for a new addition to our team as Sr Staff Accountant.
The Sr. Staff Accountant performs all daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting functions following GAAP protocols for the Herrera businesses: Mi Sueño Winery, Enterprise Wine Company, Herrera Vineyard Management and Herrera Vineyard Leasing.
• Receive, review, and attach proper documentation to all A/P vouchers
• Code and record all A/P vouchers
• Review and reconcile all Expense Report and Reimbursement Forms for payment
• Process weekly check runs; cut individual A/P checks as needed
• Routinely review A/P Aging Report
• Maintain proper filing and organization of all A/P files, including unpaid and paid vouchers
• Obtain W-9 from all new vendors with anticipated payments greater than $600
• Maintain and manage petty cash, and reconcile monthly
• Process 1099 Reports at year end
• Receive, review, and process all sales orders received from distributors/wholesale accounts in QB
• Calculate monthly inter-company billing
• Generate all A/R invoices, including custom crush, custom bottling, and grapes sales
• Send billing statements to customers at their request
• Manage A/R and make collection calls on past due accounts
• Process all wine transfers in QB
• Create new product codes, build and receive new items into inventory in QB
• Manage and participate in monthly cased goods and non-wine merchandise physical counts, all inventory locations
• Reconcile all inventory locations monthly
• Maintain proper filing and organization of all inventory files, including physical count sheets, transfer and adjustment documentation and bottling bills of lading
• Calculate and process general journal entries as needed, with proper documentation
• Monthly review of the Trial Balance to ensure no re-class entries are required
• Monthly review of Balance Sheet to identify any issues
• Perform monthly GL Reconciliations of all active Balance Sheet accounts, including all bank accounts.
• Import sales transactions from Wine Direct to QB
• Reconcile credit card transactions to statements
• Review all time cards and confirm all hours are documented properly and approved
• Process bi-weekly payroll for all companies in a timely manner
• Once approved, generate payroll checks
• Distribute payroll every other Friday by 4 pm
• Load all new-hire personnel into the payroll system with all appropriate data input
• Reconcile sick and vacation hours banked for accuracy monthly
• Stays up to day on all Sales/Use Tax License Renewals
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position is in a professional office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, hear, stand, walk, and sit for long periods.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education / Experience / Qualifications
Proficiency in QuickBooks Enterprise
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Strong Excel experience in Pivot Tables and VLOOKUP
Strong oral and written communication abilities (bilingual strongly preferred – English/Spanish)
Strong organizational skills, including time and task management
Preferred Education / Experience / Qualifications
5+ years winery and/or vineyard office experience
Knowledge of Wine Direct and Ship Compliant
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.