The Region Manager is the commercial face of Total Beverage Solution with direct responsibility for the achievement of targeted volume and profit objectives. This is achieved by strong collaboration with assigned distributors and key retailers and through the effective planning and deployment of available resources. This role will cover wine & spirits sales in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming and will report directly to TBS’ West Division VP of Sales. This job operates in a multi-site location, including, on-premise visits with suppliers and retailers and other meetings and events.
• Maintains a visible and value-adding presence in the market both with key retailers and distributors
• Through distributor work-withs, and independently, effectively influences retailers’ purchase decisions on behalf of the TBS brand portfolio
• Proactively evaluates and manages distributor inventory levels
• Delivers relevant training to Bartenders/Waitstaff and to Off Premise decision-makers
• Via both presentations and work-with’s, builds distributor knowledge of, and belief-in, TBS and its range of brands
• Establishes stretching but achievable volume and distribution goals for distributors on key packages and, together with distributor, put in place activities to achieve targets
• Builds Distributor Annual Business Plans (ABP) that set priorities, expectations and successfully deliver plans, programs and volume/distribution targets
• Delivers ABP with Senior Management distributor personnel
• Recommends tactical activities that work well in their individual territory, identifies incremental business building opportunities and works with Division Director/VP to secure the resources to deliver the activities
• Ensures account target lists by key brand are developed along-side distributor and focus is prioritized against them
• Regularly analyzes market performance to ensure goals are on track and achieved
• Regularly reviews distributor performance against plan (volume & distribution) and deploys structured method of communicating pros and cons back to distributor
• Conducts distributor sales meetings and quarterly business reviews
• Monitors all in-market spend, ensures investments are effective and efficient, helping to achieve market profit goals
• Identifies and targets on/off premise accounts for placement and sales opportunities
• Builds relationships and maintains communications with top bartenders and key off premise buyers
• Reviews distributor performance against plan on a monthly basis (volume & distribution) and deploys structured method of communicating pros and cons back to distributor
• Must have at least 5 years of progressive experience related to beverage alcohol sales with comparable goals and responsibilities. Preferably at the wholesaler or supplier level working with multiple SKUs
• Sound understanding of selling wine and spirits
• Able and willing to travel 30% or more and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
• Preferably located in Washington state
• You must be familiar with the three-tier system in the on- and off-premise environment and be able to demonstrate numerical and analytical acumen to identify sales opportunities
o Humility: Has thirst to learn and grow personally and professionally. Seeks to genuinely understand others’ perspectives.
o Entrepreneurial Mindset: Takes a creative approach to work with a bent to questioning the status quo.
o Tenacity & Work Ethic: It’s a sales role, so you must be able to overcome objections and obstacles! Seeks to be part of an exciting growth organization.
o Solution-Oriented: Sees challenges as an opportunity to learn and solve a problem.
o Self-Starter: Self-motivated and requires little supervision to deliver high quality work.
TBS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including but not limited to:
• Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
• 401K Employer Matching
• Paid Parental Leave
• Tuition Reimbursement Program + Other Professional Development Opportunities
• 10 Company Holidays + Paid Time Off including: vacation, sick, personal, volunteer, & birthday
• Monthly Wellness Reimbursement or ClassPass Subscription
• 5 Year Anniversary with TBS – receive the opportunity to take a sabbatical or trip to a supplier destination
• Annual bonus plan up to 20% of base salary
Salary Range is $90,000-115,000. Starting pay will be based on several factors including but not limited to experience, training, education, geographic location.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To request reasonable accommodation, contact the HR department at 843-881-0761.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.
$9O,OOO.OO − $115,OOO.OO Health, Dental, Vision Insurance • 401K Employer M