With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
As the Corporate EHS Specialist, you will support all E. & J. Gallo facilities. You will be part of a dynamic corporate EHS team, responsible for developing standard practices, corrective measures, and coordinate and participate in audits. You will optimize utilization of metrics and data to identify opportunities to improve EHS, performance, and compliance. You will play a key role in supporting a strong EHS culture. This role is a good fit for critical eyes, with meticulous attention to detail, implementers who put plans into effect, inquisitor who asks the right questions, and confident contributors with the passion to share knowledge.
What You Will Do
• Provides ongoing technical consultation and support for the development and maintenance of regulatory compliant EHS programs at winery, supply chain, glass, and vineyard facilities.
• Schedules and participates in audits of ISO, OSHA and environmental elements for continuing compliance with these regulations and certifications.
• Provides training support of BAPP© processes and generates regular and routine reporting of process analytics.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
Develop Standard Practices
• Develops standard practices for compliance with each element of the regulation, facilitates process hazard analysis, and conducts regularly scheduled targeted audits of facility PSM, RMP, and CalARP programs.
• Develops audits, analytics and KPIs for Benchmark/Gensuite modules such as injury reporting, MOC data, and future modules incorporated by Corporate EHS.
Facilitate Performance and Behavior Improvement
• Facilitates incident investigation for root cause(s) of any release or potential release of hazardous materials for covered processes.
• Performs targeted inspections and makes corrective action recommendations on new and existing covered processes.
• Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
What You Will Need
• Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of manufacturing EHS experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or 6 years of EHS experience in manufacturing, production-operations/program management or engineering experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Experience assessing potential workplace hazards and designing, implementing, and maintaining safety and health programs.
• Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving record.
• Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to maintain working schedules to accommodate multiple shifts.
• Required to travel to various winery facilities via automobile and airplane.
• Required to occasionally conduct job duties at extreme heights.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
• Required to be 18 years or older. This may be in addition to other age requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
What Will Set You Apart
• Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Hygiene,
• Occupational Safety & Health, or Business Administration plus 7 years of plant safety management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), or Certified Hazardous
• Materials Manager (CHMM) designation.
• Experience with managing auditing systems (ISO, environmental, safety)
• Experience in basic Industrial Hygiene sampling and chain of custody processes.
• Skilled in technical writing using original or innovative techniques or style.
• Experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting common scientific and technical journals,
• regulations, and legal documents.
• Experience working with representatives from public and governmental agencies.
• Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint at an intermediate level;
• Experience working with all levels and functions within the company.
• Hiring Salary Range Posted: $87,000 -$130,600 / year
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits:
• This position includes a competitive benefits package.
• Winery - Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 103306
Gallo's policy is to afford equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees and not to discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition...
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.