With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Location: Modesto, CA
The Controls Technical Manager is part of E & amp;J Gallo Winery's Corporate Engineering function and is responsible for Controls Engineering design, programming, and deployment of the technology used in our OT (operational technology) systems. Your focus will be to ensure that projects under your direction are executing activities against the capital project process such as controlling project costs, scope, schedule, and ensuring all requirements are met.
What You Will Do
Capital Controls Project Execution
• Manage safety, costs, scope, schedule, and requirements on all controls capital projects that are assigned, while working independently with limited supervision.
• Work in cross-functional teams to implement capital projects.
• Define electrical controls, tasks, scope, and budget.
• Design of electrical schematics, PLC Programming, and HMI design.
• Support electrical design, panel construction, machine installation, programming, and startup of systems.
• Evaluate Vendor capabilities ensuring performance goals and project deliverables are met.
• Ability to travel as needed to support business need (e.g. plant FAT's, Central Valley Winery sites)
Controls Engineering Support
• Manage Controls platforms/network to ensure reliability, OT Security access, obsolescence planning, and following Gallo Controls standards.
• Partner with Site and Corporate MES/Controls/IT teams for consultation and standards guidance.
• Recommends, supports, justifies and leads the implementation of standards around controls equipment, processes, and security for industrial automation.
• Support Lean Enterprise and Kaizen teams
What You Need
• PhD of Engineering plus 4 years of Engineering experience, reflecting increasing levels of responsibility;
• OR Master's Degree in Engineering plus 6 years of Engineering experience, reflecting increasing levels of responsibility, which may include Gallo TMDP or OMDP experience;
• OR Bachelor's Degree in Engineering plus 8 years of Engineering experience, reflecting increasing levels of responsibility, which may include Gallo TMDP or OMDP experience:
• OR Bachelor of Science Degree plus 10 years of Engineering experience, reflecting increasing levels of responsibility;
• OR High School Diploma plus 12 years of Engineering experience, reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Understands Basic Engineering and can follow standard work to achieve goals.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
• Required to be 18 years or older. This may be in addition to other age requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
What Will Set You Apart
• BS, MS, or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Science, Bio-Systems Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Agricultural Engineering or Civil Engineering.
• Hiring Salary Range Posted: $127,500,00 -$191,300.00 / per year
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits:
• This position includes a competitive benefits package.
• Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
Job Id- 102865
Gallo's policy is to afford equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees and not to discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, reproductive health decision making, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nor will Gallo discriminate based on a perception that an individual has any of the foregoing characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Gallo will comply with state and local laws prohibit discrimination for lawful out-of-work behavior, such as off-duty use of cannabis away from the workplace (subject to federal and state law exceptions), the existence of non-psychoactive cannabis metabolites in hair, blood, urine, or other bodily fluids as determined by a drug screening test (subject to federal and state law exceptions).
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.
Gallo is enrolled in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verifying program and will use th...
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.