We're the producers, creators and marketers of beer, wine and spirts brands that people love. At Constellation Brands, we're driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver products and experiences that resonate now, tomorrow and well into the future. Because of this approach, we're the fastest-growing large CPG company in the U.S. at retail, with operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. Our premium portfolio of iconic brands like Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Kim Crawford, Robert Mondavi, Meiomi, The Prisoner, SVEDKA Vodka, High West Whiskey, and more drive industry-leading growth for us today. But we're just getting started. Our ability to stay on the forefront of consumer trends has fueled our success since our founding in 1945 and will guide us in creating the next generation of products and experiences Worth Reaching For.
High West Distillery is looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented individual with a great attitude and strong work ethic for a Distiller position. Responsibilities include all aspects of new make whiskey production including: grain handling, mashing, fermentation, distillation, as well as some lab analysis. This position will be full time on a 4x10 schedule and will require some evening and weekend shifts once training is complete. High West Distillery is a very fast-growing company with three facilities and current expansion plans in progress. This position will be split between two of our locations: Old Town Park City & our production facility at Blue Sky Ranch in Wanship.
* Grain Handling, Milling, and Mashing
+ Tracking all raw material components throughout the production and warehouse facilities
+ Operation of wet and dry grain conveyance systems, hammer and cage mills with pneumatic conveyance
+ Operation of pumps, motors, agitators & valves to execute daily mashing operations and tank transfers, all controlled via a central PLC
* Fermentation Management & Lab Analysis
+ Track data for multiple in-process fermentations throughout the shift
+ Understand and use aseptic techniques for yeast propagation and rehydration
+ Run laboratory procedures on daily batches
* Distillation and New Make Spirit Analysis
+ Operate a high-pressure steam-fed hybrid still with glycol cooling, controlled by a central PLC system
+ Trouble shoot issues in process & equipment
+ Sensory evaluation of new make whiskey components
+ Very detailed data and yield tracking throughout the entire process
* Cleaning & Sanitation
+ Run CIP (clean in place) procedures with both strong acid and strong base chemicals, utilizing various types of 3-phase motor driven pumps
+ Understand and use best practice aseptic techniques for cleaning and sanitizing large tanks and vessels, hoses, pipework, etc.
+ Utilizing a detailed approach to uphold the highest standards of cleanliness for all customer facing spaces within the process plant
* High School Degree or GED
* Ability to work 10 hour shifts, including some night and weekend shifts
* Must be highly organized with ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and especially: be a team player
* Ability to safely lift 55 lbs.
* Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
* Strong work ethic, positive attitude
* Excellent written and verbal communication skill
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant science (Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
* 2+ years of production experience in either brewing or distilling
* Experience interacting with automated control processes
* Home brewing experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climates
* Works in high places
* Works on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
* Primary office environment may be warehouse/distribution setting
* Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Operations and Production
The salary range for this role is:
$17.90 - $27.41
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, the prevailing minimum wage for the location, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, p
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.