With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
As the Sr. Manager for Instuctional Design and Workforce Planning, provides broad, strategic leadership and vision and oversees the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of interdepartmental training standards, policies, procedures, and tools. Leads team of instructional designers responsible for the oversight and development of instructor-led, online, blended, and operationally-oriented learning solutions. Sets direction and guides the development of consistent instructional design practices for the company. Serves as senior learning architect and strategist for large-scale workforce development programs. Manages relations with executive level sponsors and key stakeholders for purposes of successful implementation of large-scale and complex training programs
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Develops, gains sponsorship, and implements an effective vision/strategy for the implementation of large-scale interdepartmental and highly complex training programs through strong and effective leadership. Serves as senior learning strategist and architect for the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of large-scale, complex workforce development and training programs.
• Serves as primary subject matter expert, establishes standards and processes, and oversees the use of DACUM occupational job analyses methods associated with instructional systems design (ISD) practices.
• Serves as primary subject matter expert and provides guidance and support specific to strategic workforce planning and skill team practices.
• Develops and directs performance-based workforce development programs that ensure cost-efficient operation, efficient use of resources, and effective learning and skill development outcomes, including outcomes associated with the work performed in partnership with external education partner.
• Leads and facilitates the identification of appropriate learning and skill development methods (i.e., individual training, group instruction, training within industry, workplace training, simulation-based learning, e-enabled learning, etc.) based on detailed needs analyses.
• Leads the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of interdepartmental training programs in support of the incumbent workforce and new hires.
• Leads the development and application of best practices for the determination of training effectiveness, including the application of applicable methods of calculating return on investment (ROI) and return on expectations (ROE).
• Evaluates effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental training programs and makes recommendations for broad changes and improvements.
• Manages team of instructional designers and oversees the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of instructor-led, online, and blended learning solutions.
• Researches and establishing optimal practices for the completion of instructional design projects.
• Provides guidance and oversight for personnel completing instructional design projects throughout the company.
• Researches progressive methods used in industry for instructional design and makes recommendations for the adoption of these practices within the company.
• Works closely with local high schools, community colleges, professional associations, consortium, and other educational institutions for purposes of establishing internships, apprenticeships, and other mutually beneficial partnerships.
• Establishes company standards, policies, and procedures and provides company-wide oversight for apprenticeship programs and pre-apprenticeship programs, ensuring all programs meet both State and Federal requirements.
• Provides oversight of employee testing, setting standards for testing and ensuring compliance and best practice as relates to employee testing.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
• Bachelor's degree Business Administration, Workforce Education, or Instructional Design plus 8 years of experience supporting the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of training programs reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate, plus 12 years of experience supporting the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of training programs reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Supervisory or management experience within a complex, multi-functional organization.
• Experience in the application of adult learning methods in the development of training programs specific to production/operational work environments.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
• Travel required to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
• Required to be 18 years or older. This may be in addition to other age requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Workforce Education, or Instructional Design plus 10 years of experience implementing corporate training programs in a production/operations environment reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Industry certifications from organizations such as ATD, Langevin, Kirkpatrick, ROI Institute
• Proficient in the use of DACUM job analysis and certified DACUM facilitator
• Proficient in the development of per...
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.