With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
This position is located at The Ranch Winery in Saint Helena, CA in the cellar
The Winery Technician / Winery Worker participates in all phases of winemaking processes as well as the care, maintenance, and sanitation of all equipment and facilities. Adheres to all safety procedures, support quality and GMP standards.
• Hiring Hourly Range Posted: $23.58 / hr - $23.58 / hr
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits
This position includes a competitive benefits package.
Winery - Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
What You Will Do:
• Supports the operation of white and red grape receiving equipment, as well as cleaning equipment.
• Performs tank washing, line and equipment sanitation, including confined space entry.
• Performs work order entry into WineManager and AMS.
• Ensures all additions to juice or wine are made per the work orders.
• Engages in general wine production functions such as red and white juice racking, supporting fermentation process, barrel filling, additions, sanitation, etc.
• Ensures accurate barrel scanning and recordkeeping.
• Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Works on the bottling line, when needed.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
• Exhibits Intrapreneurship and Ownership behaviors
• Exhibits Intrapreneurship and Ownership behaviors:Intrapreneurship is entrepreneurship in an established company: behaviors that include thinking boldly, taking appropriate risks, learning from mistakes, showing initiative, and encouraging and reinforcing innovation.
• Ownership refers to behaviors that include setting high expectations, driving candid discussion, and holding self and others accountable.
What You Will Need:
• High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate and 1 year of wine production experience.
• Required to be at least 18 years of age.
• Required to work a rotating shift/schedule throughout the year (day, swing, graveyard, 5x8, 4x10); required to work weekends and overtime when necessary.
• Required to be physically capable of executing any job tasks within the bottling room or cellar.
• Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
• Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers.
• Required to work at heights and in fairly small areas.
• Required to comply with company GMP Policies.
• Required to wear a respirator, when necessary.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
• Required to be 18 years or older. This may be in addition to other age requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
What Will Set You Apart:
• High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 2 years of wine production experience.
• Experience showing versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
• Experience operating a forklift.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 103339
Gallo's policy is to afford equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees and not to discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, reproductive health decision making, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nor will Gallo discriminate based on a perception that an individual has any of the foregoing characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Gallo will comply with state and local laws prohibit discrimination for lawful out-of-work behavior, such as off-duty use of cannabis away from the workplace (subject to federal and state law exceptions), the existence of non-psychoactive cannabis metabolites in hair, blood, urine, or other bodily fluids as determined by a drug screening test (subject to federal and state law exceptions).
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.
Gallo is enrolled in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verifying program and will use the program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees as required.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.