The role is responsible for the planning, communication and execution of both our On and Off-Premise objectives with our distributor partners and the trade in an assigned territory, supporting Constellation Brands Wine & Spirits Portfolio. The Manager will ensure we are achieving our fair share of business, growth and awareness in this important channel of business through regular interaction, account calls, training and education.
Sales Planning and Program Development
* In partnership with the GSM and Director, develop and conduct assigned distributor team plans, periodic team reviews, market surveys, competitive pricing surveys, and general sales meetings with distributor partners
* Provide GSM and/or Director with market intelligence and recommendations for effective planning or programming.
* Execute new product launches
* Manage merchandising pre-plan
Execution and Communication of Sales Objectives
* Communicate all necessary information and brand education on Constellation Brands programs, strategies and standards to distributor sales team in order to achieve depletion and distribution goals
* Establish sales presence in the market and conduct regular distributor market work-withs to ensure CBI brand priority and initiatives are maintained
* Implement sales performance measures and targets using the Constellation Brands CORE brand priorities with distributors while assisting in achieving expected results
In Market Training and Relationship Development
* Develop, cultivate, and maintain strong relationships with key accounts, individual stores, and buyers. Leverage relationships to explore business opportunities
* Work with, coach and educate distributor sales members on CBI brand priorities and standards
* Provide product education sessions to Retailers, and other customers
* Partner with Trade Marketing to understand brand health and need
Administration and Analysis
* Provide feedback to Director on market issues: opportunities, changes, distributor issues and competitive activity
* Work with Sales Operations Manager (SOM) to develop action plans for business opportunities through the use of strategic insights and as applicable leverage distributor sales data
* Conduct post-promotional analysis in conjunction with SOM (as applicable)
* Conduct and report weekly progress checks of distributor performance for your assigned area
* Basic financial skills to monitor monthly A/R statements and to develop cost/benefit strategies
* Work with Director to develop pricing structures and pricing strategies
* Insure required reports and T&E are turned in timely and as necessary
* Regularly utilize internal tools such as Compass and Chatter to communicate business updates
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
* 5 years related experience
* Wine & Spirits industry experience, preferably within sales
* Demonstrated ability in customer management within specific territory
* Keen understanding of the three-tier distribution system
* Proven experience and strong abilities in educating and motivating others to manage business effectively
* Excellent communication skills, articulate with strong public speaking ability / experience and excellent writing skills. Ability to persuade and influence.
* Strong Microsoft Office skills
* Alcohol Beverage industry highly preferred
* WSET or similar Wine and Spirits education certification preferred
* Program and budget development, implementation, management and strategic decision-making experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Work Environment:
+ Must be able to stand, walk, sit.
+ Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
+ Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
+ Climb or balance stairs/ladders.
+ Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
+ Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision.
+ Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
+ Must have a valid driver's license, be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed.
* Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Charleston, South Carolina
Columbia, South Carolina
The salary range for this role is:
$77,700.00 - $119,100.00
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, the prevailing minimum wage for the location, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orie
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.