Line Driver / Lift Truck Operator Position Summary: Responsible for daily lift truck and clamp operation to support Bottling Line, Warehouse, shipping and receiving under the supervision of Bottling Line Lead.
Schedule: Sliding 2nd Shift. Typical hours 3:30 pm - 2:30 am (Mon-Thurs). Schedule varies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operates a powered 5,000/6,000 lb lift truck and/or clamp to load outbound trucks, unload inbound trucks and move materials throughout the winery. Stacks and puts materials on pallets according to prescribed storage methods.
• Inspects machinery daily using safety checklist to ensure machine(s) are in proper working order before operating.
• Maintains accurate pallet counts of items produced by the bottling line(s).
• Loads outbound trucks in accordance with supplied Bills of Lading.
• Checks inbound loads against paperwork for accuracy.
• Receive goods in accordance with established procedures to ensure correct inventory count and control.
• Performs minor servicing and maintenance of lifts (fills out a daily lift truck check list).
• Actively maintains a clean, orderly and safe work area.
• Understands and follows the procedures for Don Sebastiani & Sons HACCP Plan and any updates to this plan that are applicable.
• Helps on bottling line as needed to dump glass, load cork hopper, stack glass, etc.
• Actively participates in and abides by all HACCP and ISO programs as part of DSS compliance.
• Performs special assignments, projects, and other duties as requested.
Education and Experience:
• Ability to read, write, understand and speak English
• Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Ability to carry out one- or two-step instructions.
• Must have reliable transportation, be punctual and maintain good attendance.
• Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
• Requires ability to walk, stand and sit, sometimes for prolonged periods of time.
• Requires sufficient good health to properly discharge duties.
• If applicable, requires ability to drive assigned vehicle(s) or personal vehicle, with appropriate state license, following all laws applicable; must provide proof of liability insurance and must be eligible to be insured under DSS’s insurance policy.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Ability to obtain Lift truck certified required.
We offer competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
-Life and AD&D Insurance
-Long Term Disability
-401K with discretionary profit sharing
-Paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, and wine gifts and discounts.
Don Sebastiani & Sons provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Don Sebastiani & Sons complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Don Sebastiani & Sons expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Don Sebastiani & Sons' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.