We are Soléna Estate, a mid-sized, family-owned vineyard and tasting room in Yamhill. We’re seeking an Assistant Manager to oversee our daily tasting room operations. This role reports to the Director of Consumer Sales, and there is opportunity for promotion to Hospitality Manager for the right fit.
Our Core Values are: Quality – Legacy – Stewardship – Entrepreneurship. Our unique position is that we hold all four of those values in balance. Each tells a piece of our story, but one is not more important than the other. If you’d like to hear more about our story and this role, we invite you apply.
When you apply with your cover letter and resume, please note your experience in these areas. We consider a qualified candidate having experience in 7 or more of these areas.
1. Managing a diverse team
2. Hosting small to large groups of guests in a hospitality setting
3. Organizing the flow of reservations, check-ins, table assignments
4. Educating others about wine
5. Drafting policies and procedures on closing, opening, and daily operations
6. Training new staff members, and planning staff education sessions
7. Conducting routine inventory, tracking and ordering stock and supplies on time
8. Overseeing the planning of and staffing of on-site events
9. Managing upkeep of tasting room facilities
10. Organizing dates & details of wine shipments, packing them, delivering to shipping partners
11. Stepping into other functional areas to help the business – for example; pruning in the vineyard, traveling to pour wine at an offsite event, collecting mail, getting change for the tasting room
Our Assistant Manager will have a preferred schedule of Thursday – Monday. On Saturdays, Sundays, some holidays, and event days, your physical presence is essential to lead your team and host our club members. In this job you may need to stand for long periods and lift up to 45 pounds.
If you are excited to work in the Oregon wine industry, willing to innovate and get your hands dirty, this is a great place for you. We’re collaborative and allow plenty of autonomy, but work ethic is the main characteristic we look for.
Once we select you for an in-person interview, we will work together on a job description that encompasses YOUR skills, interests, and desires in addition to the company’s needs. Everyone brings different perspectives to the team and we want to support that.
$25-27 per hour Base, DOE
$10-15K in earned bonuses & tips per year
Full Benefits including PTO, employer-paid health insurance premiums and 401K
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.