With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
The Assistant Tasting Room and Hospitality Manager will support Rombauer managing the planning and day to day functions and provides direction to Visitor Center employees, ensuring that tasks are completed as assigned. Leads tasting room operations in a manner that achieves
established financial goals, ensures a rich consumer experience, builds consumer loyalty and reflects the brand essence. Demonstrates superior product knowledge, leads educational/informative product presentations, and provides exceptional sales and customer service to winery guests.
• Hiring Salary Range Posted: $75,100 - $112,700
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits
This position includes a competitive benefits package.
Winery - Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
What You Will Do:
• Leads the instruction, and development of Visitor Center staff.
• Provide current reporting metrics (quarterly) on TR performance against targets; inform staff on status and progress.
• Coordinates workflow for the TR consumer events and wine club operations.
• Implements success vision/ strategy consistent with brand equities to achieve Experience objectives.
• Prepares TR for daily opening and closing
• Manages and communicates the proper intake process for all wine club acquisitions to Tasting Room staff; ensures all staff members are compliant with the proper handling of customer information
• Follows HR's guidelines on tracking employee acknowledgement for all staff training, including ad-hoc staff education, new hire training and policy / process updates.
• Ensures execution of strategic initiatives to increase wine sales, conversion to club membership and guest engagement at higher tier/luxury experiences.
• Provides leadership to attract, develop, and retain high quality experience professionals.
• Participates in the development of and implements a successful vision/strategy through strong leadership skills.
• Manages tasting room wine and soft goods inventory including wine ordering, wine receiving, cycle counting, conducting quarterly inventories, and vintage transitions.
• Provides performance feedback to team members in a timely manner.
• Exhibits Intrapreneurship and Ownership behaviors
• Exhibits Intrapreneurship and Ownership behaviors:Intrapreneurship is entrepreneurship in an established company: behaviors that include thinking boldly, taking appropriate risks, learning from mistakes, showing initiative, and encouraging and reinforcing innovation.
• Ownership refers to behaviors that include setting high expectations, driving candid discussion, and holding self and others accountable.
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of wine sales, luxury sales, brand marketing or hospitality experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR
• Associate's Degree plus 6 years of wine sales, luxury sales, brand marketing or hospitality experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 8 years of wine sales, luxury sales, brand marketing or hospitality experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Required to be 21 years of age or older.
• Required to work weekends and a flexible schedule.
• Required to lift and move cases of product weighing up to 45 pounds.
• Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
• Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
• Required to be 18 years or older. This may be in addition to other age requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description
What Will Set You Apart:
• Bachelor's degree plus 6 years of wine sales, retail sales, or hospitality experience.
• Possession of CSW, Certified Sommelier or WSET Advanced Certifications.
• Detailed knowledge of wine and wine production.
• Knowledge of federal and state legal compliance related to tasting room operations preferred.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 103123
Gallo's policy is to afford equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees and not to discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, reproductive health decision making, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nor will Gallo discriminate based on a perception that an individual has any of the foregoing characteristic...
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.