With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Job location is open to Dallas, TX.
Drives expanded and concentrated account purchasing activity in high opportunity and understaffed markets. Concentrates efforts against the commercial portfolio and opportunistically against the luxury portfolio. Executes the "6th Standards" by developing advocates with on-premise account buyers/bartender/patron facing positions through brand building, education and programming. Maintains a primary focus of driving account purchasing growth and branded trial/awareness in all accounts. Applies sales skills against targeted markets and accounts in "blitz style" format which are driven by on identified opportunities in select key markets. Provides supports to other imbedded spirits sales teams to drive Gallo sprits sales and brand recognition in markets.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Participates in activities which facilitate the selling, distribution, and brand recognition of Gallo spirits brands.
• Applies sales skills to impact account purchasing, menu placement, staff education, permanent and temporary POS to achieve desired sales organization standards.
• Impacts the "6th Standards" through sharing Gallo's quality standards and organizational, vision.
• Participates in product and staff education where legal.
• Tracks, measures and records results of sales calls.
• Participates in the development of sales presentations and brand education materials.
• Educates distributor and broker personnel on company history, philosophy, and brands.
• Ensures compliance with the E. & J. Gallo Winery T. & E. policy.
• Travels to numerous regions and states to implement sales strategies.
• Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
Essential Functions Standard
• Exhibits Intrapreneurship and Ownership behaviors:
• Intrapreneurship is entrepreneurship in an established company: behaviors that include thinking boldly, taking appropriate risks, learning from mistakes, showing initiative, and encouraging and reinforcing innovation.
• Ownership refers to behaviors that include setting high expectations, driving candid discussion, and holding self and others accountable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
• Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of Gallo Winery or affiliated distributor on-premise sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of non-affiliated distributor or distiller on-premise sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of on-premise sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 7 years of Gallo winery or distributor affiliated or non-affiliated on-premise sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to travel in excess of 150 nights a year to execute sales functions.
• Required to travel by air, car, and or train in the course of business.
• Required to lift and move product weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Required to employ an alternative work schedule to include evenings and weekends.
• Require to obtain a liquor license as required by state/locally.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
• Required to be 18 years or older. This may be in addition to other age requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
• Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of E. & J. Gallo Winery or affiliated or non-affiliated distributor on-premise sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Prior rotation as a district manager.
• Experience with selling spirits in on-premise accounts.
• Completion of Gallo online Spirits Academy and CSS.
• Experience addressing customer needs a primary focus of one's actions; experience building positive relationships with customers (translates as both internal and external).
• Skilled in commanding presence, presenting ideas effectively to individuals or a group.
• Experience adapting presentation strategies to suit the needs of the audience and the situation; skilled in clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media that engages and inspires.
• Experience taking prompt action to accomplish objectives and taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
• Experience setting high standa...
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.