Agtonomy is a hybrid autonomy and tele-assist service platform that turns tractors and other equipment into autonomous machines. A robust sensor suite and custom software stack enable remote modes of operation with a higher margin of safety than conventional equipment. Agtonomy, through its OEM partners, will address both local agriculture skilled labor shortages and broader land maintenance operations, including wildfire prevention through land clearing.
About the role
We are seeking to hire a field technician to join our talented team. The field technician is passionate about the intersection of farming and robotics, comfortable working in farming and warehouse environments to oversee, deliver, and manage field trials for our proof of concept (POC) and beyond EV and autonomous vehicles. The field technician is an operator at heart who is action and solution-oriented, adept enough to manage real-time troubleshooting, and thoughtful enough to ask the questions/get the feedback needed to refine and define our next-generation products constantly.
What you’ll be doing
• Work directly with Field Trial Customers to support all farming operations with Agtonomy equipment
• Assist with customer onboarding and pre-season farm planning for Field Trials
• Conduct training on the operation of the entire Agtonomy product offering
• Assist with logistics of transporting equipment to support Field Trials
• Partner with the engineering team to execute test requirements and provide onsite technical support
• Conduct site surveys to qualify new locations and customers
• Real-time troubleshooting with Test and Engineering teams from the field
• Collaborate across internal product, technology, operations, and marketing teams
• Define and promote best practices in risk mitigation and safety
• Capture customer learnings and evolve processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the trial program and product
• Debrief on lessons learned and know-how and communicate to the broader org
What you’ll bring
• B.A/B.S or equivalent highly preferred; technical degree preferred but not required
• 3-5 years of experience in the agriculture industry or farming
• 1-3 years experience driving tractors and trucks with trailers (loading and unloading)
• 1-3 years experience working in customer-facing roles
• Knowledge and ability to safely handle machinery, tools, and materials, and other similar agricultural equipment
• Willingness to work in tough environments (for example: hot sun, cold, etc.) and travel to testing and trial sites
• Experience working with potential customers and serving as a key ambassador of the brand and company
• You’ve worked in agriculture environments and with agricultural equipment and can safely and expertly manage the delivery and
operation of our next-generation products.
• Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills
• You are based in Sonoma County, CA, and are comfortable traveling within 1-2 hours for trial site management.
• Valid CA (or other State authorized) Drivers License
What makes you a strong candidate
• You are Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
• You have experience with specialty crops
• You are comfortable teaching and explaining new technologies and software to people.
• You are passionate about agriculture and believe in bringing new technology and solutions to the crops.
• You are generally curious, ask questions to understand customers’ needs better and want solutions that make a difference in the
• You understand how to work with everyone, from executives to laborers, and enjoy connecting with people at all levels of an
About our benefits
• Unlimited PTO
• 100% covered medical, dental, and vision for the employee (cost plus partner, children, or family is additional)
• Commuter Benefits
• Robust Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Life Insurance
• Short- and Long-Term Disability
• 401k Plan
• Generous stock options granted!
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $60,000 to $85,000 + equity + robust benefits + unlimited PTO
The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, internal equity, and additional factors, including, but not limited to, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or specialty training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range during the hiring process.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.