We're the producers, creators and marketers of beer, wine and spirts brands that people love. At Constellation Brands, we're driven to push boundaries and think beyond today to deliver products and experiences that resonate now, tomorrow and well into the future. Because of this approach, we're the fastest-growing large CPG company in the U.S. at retail, with operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy. Our premium portfolio of iconic brands like Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Kim Crawford, Robert Mondavi, Meiomi, The Prisoner, SVEDKA Vodka, High West Whiskey, and more drive industry-leading growth for us today. But we're just getting started. Our ability to stay on the forefront of consumer trends has fueled our success since our founding in 1945 and will guide us in creating the next generation of products and experiences Worth Reaching For.
The Hospitality Event Server successfully assists in execution and service of tastings, meals, and events under the direction of the Event Manager and Event Coordinators. This role requires a high level of customer service, logistics capability, and commitment to a team mentality. It is instrumental in bringing the winery style of quality and gracious hospitality to our guests. This role is an on-call, non-benefitted position.
* Provide elevated table service for tastings, meals, and events at the winery as well as off-site properties.
* Support coordination of logistics including participating in set up and break down, communicating with co-workers and the culinary team, buffing glasses, checking in rentals, stocking wine, and ensuring all spaces are clean and to standard.
* Maintain a professional image while contributing to a team to create memorable experiences that showcase Robert Mondavi Winery
* Share knowledge about all wines and merchandise in an open and friendly manner with the goal of helping customers develop enthusiasm and appreciation for our wines.
* Maintain, update, and expand knowledge of Robert Mondavi Winery, viticulture, enology, and wine and food pairings by participating in educational trainings, seminars, and tastings while onsite, as well as through outside sources.
* Act with integrity, honesty, and knowledge, working towards achieving personal fulfillment rather than public attention.
* Demonstrate an attitude of inclusivity and teamwork by working collaboratively with peers to identify positive solutions to problems or issues. Be open and receptive to different perspectives and approaches.
* Use equipment, supplies, and other materials with a focused effort to reduce waste and increase safety.
* Embrace the ability to work with a diverse, multiethnic, and multicultural work environment.
* Welcome suggestions and new ideas as opportunities to learn, grow, and improve professionally.
* Greet all guests promptly and graciously, and provide knowledgeable, consistent, and courteous responses to questions, complaints, and/or problems. Ensure that all problems are resolved to the customer's satisfaction. Refer to management as appropriate.
* Follow appropriate food handling procedures to ensure a clean, organized, and safe service process.
* Record tasting wines used and ensure empty bottles are put in appropriate holding areas for inventory.
* Understand and comply with all federal and state laws regarding the operation of a winery retail tasting room.
* Understand and comply with all Constellation Brands compliance policies and regulations.
* 1-2 years' experience in winery or restaurant service.
* Excellent attention to detail and prompt follow-through.
* Demonstrated reliability and punctuality.
* Ability to work effectively in team/crew environment.
* Adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
* Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
* Knowledge of wines, wine production, and the wine industry.
* Basic math and reasoning skills.
* Organized and self-motivated with the ability to make decisions that are best for the guest, team, and organization.
* Excellent people skills with the ability to work in a team-based environment.
* Ability to work under pressure and manage time efficiently.
* Strong communication skills to provide clear and confident responses to guests and teammates.
* Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license.
* Wine and Robert Mondavi Winery knowledge - ideally with WSET Level 2 or comparable certification.
* Knowledge of what sets a luxury experience apart.
* Foreign language skills strongly preferred.
* TIPS/Responsible Beverage Service certified.
* Food service certified.
* Prior experience at a high-volume, luxury restaurant, hotel, or winery strongly preferred.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Occasionally required to lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds.
* Frequent walking, including going up and down stairs, bending, sit or stand for extended periods of time.
* Working conditions at an event and/or the main service property may require the employee to be outside for extended periods of time and/or occasionally in a kitchen with slippery floors.
* Irregular shifts, nights, weekends, and long hours may be required, particularly when working an event.
The pay rate for this role is $22.00/an hour.
Hospitality & Retail
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, milit
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.