As a Lead Ammonia Refrigeration Operator you will be responsible for performing installs, repairs and maintenance to a variety of equipment including: industrial refrigeration systems, piping valves, electric motors, actuators, screw compressors, evaporative condensers, ammonia jacketed tanks... as well as perform skilled, complex troubleshooting, repair, modification, installation, and preventative maintenance on buildings, facilities, winery, fixtures, and systems while following established maintenance schedules and guidelines.
* Lead and coordinate operations and maintenance activities of ammonia refrigeration systems.
* Perform routine inspections and maintenance of ammonia refrigeration equipment, ensuring compliance with industry standards and safety regulations.
* Oversee Ammonia operator team ensuring quality of work and documentation
* Troubleshoot and diagnose complex technical issues in ammonia refrigeration systems and implement effective solutions promptly.
* Oversee the installation, commissioning, and decommissioning of ammonia refrigeration equipment.
* Conduct regular safety training sessions for team members and promote a safety-first culture throughout the organization.
* Maintain accurate records, including maintenance logs, work orders, and equipment performance reports.
* Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement preventive maintenance schedules and optimize system efficiency.
* Collaborate with outside service contractors to ensure safe work practices and quality of work
* Monitor inventory levels of spare parts and equipment and assist in procurement as needed.
* Keep abreast of industry advancements, trends, and best practices, and apply this knowledge to improve processes and procedures.
* Perform skilled welding, electrical repair, fabrication, mechanical repair, and other mechanical tasks
* Responsible for compliance with CWUS sustainability policies and practices which are economically viable, socially acceptable, and environmentally sound. This is done by supporting programs for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental results.
* Safety - follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety.
* Uses hand tools, digital tools, power tools, and other equipment to complete work activities
* Utilize the work order management system to create, receive, and close repair Work Orders in a manner compliant with the PSM/RMP/CalARP requirements
* Provide prompt response to emergency maintenance calls
* Complete all required training requirements to safely operate equipment and tools
* Ensures compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Environmental Protection Agency regulations and guidelines by performing work according to practices and procedures outlined by CBUS
* Must be forklift certified
* Must understand cooling systems
* Will be expected to read blueprints and diagrams
* Must have strong reasoning and troubleshooting skills
* Will regularly use hand tools
* Must have basic math and writing skills
* Must be able to use the metric system
* Must be able to climb ladders, work from heights and in small spaces and be physically agile to perform required work
* Must be able to recognize hazards
* Must be able to work during off-hours and respond to emergency calls, anytime
Operations and Production
The salary range for this role is:
$30.35 - $50.58
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, the prevailing minimum wage for the location, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.