ABOUT ECO TERRENO
Companies, like great wines, are not just produced; rather they are carefully cultivated. We are seeking passionate individuals to join our team at Eco Terreno where we employ our experience in winemaking with time honored traditions in a healthy respect for the land. With 140-acres of Biodynamically and organically certified land, planted primarily to vineyards in Alexander Valley near Cloverdale, we are one of the leading wine farms in Northern California.
We believe our choices are opportunities to directly impact our future. We embrace the challenges and strive to nurture our planet and its inhabitants. By committing to being part of the solution, as opposed to part of the problem, we hope to inspire others to do the same. It may not be the most profitable or quickest path to success, but it is the most responsible and caring. We are confident small steps create greater strides and are grateful to share our journey with you.
As a company we echo the holistic habitat of our farm and thoughtfully embrace intention in everything we do. The caring hands that tend our fruit and the participants in our journey to share our wine with you, are valued as friends and family. By extending strong living wages and benefits to our team, which are far above industry standards, we are authentic in our purpose and our passion.
Eco Terreno is a certified biodynamic and organic Wine Farm that is nestled in the famous Alexander Valley, in Cloverdale CA. Under the direction of the Vineyard Manager, and the Eco Terreno Farm team, this position will complete daily duties required for the garden, farm, and animal husbandry programs. The intern will be an integral part of the team in understanding what is occurring in the vineyard and on the farm in order to make decisions in real time. An ideal candidate will be immersed in all facets of working on a farm and be able to complete assigned farm projects. We are looking for a versatile intern to help connect all aspects of our diverse Wine Farm.
VINEYARD ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Vineyard and Animal Programs
• Perform data collection, monitoring, analysis, and create grazing reports for our vineyard, garden, and riparian areas under the direction of the ETW Leadership team
• Provide exceptional animal care to our flocks and livestock under the direction of the ETW Leadership team, including daily care
• Seed, harvest, process, deliver, weed, and record data from the garden
• Implement weekly composting and worm program in garden
• Sell produce weekly at local Farmer Markets
• Aid in the preparation of the soil and fertility surrounding the garden through application of biodynamic sprays and our surrounding biodiversity and companion plantings adjacent to the garden
• Work with the rhythm of biodynamics and apply preparations to the property
• Monitor our fruit and olive trees for pests
• Aid in weekly monitoring and assess overall blue bird box program to understand the lifecycle of their presence on the Wine Farm.
• Work with the ETW leadership team to plan, propagate, and plant perennials and hedgerows throughout the property to increase biodiversity.
• Learn, plant, and harvest for biodynamic preparations to build capacity for our preparation program.
• Complete other tasks as assigned in relation to the farm and vineyard (e.g., harvest).
• Education/Experience: Currently or recently enrolled (within the last 2 years) in a credential education program/ animal husbandry experience (preferred).
• Language: Fluent in English with strong oral and communication skills. Basic Spanish (preferred).
• Skills: Capability and desire to utilize relevant computer skills, including spreadsheets, word processing, and database programs.
• Knowledge: working knowledge of basic animal husbandry, livestock nutrition, animal behavior, soils, and plant species (preferred).
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and meet the company’s automobile insurance requirements.
• Full time availability for position: Sunday-Thursday
• Employees must adhere to all Eco Terreno Covid-19 safety policies.
• Other: must have valid documentation to meet US work requirements, no assistance with Visas will be provided.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales documents and scripts and to write routine report/spreadsheets and correspondence.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Intermediate Skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (or equivalent programs)
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, talk, hear, taste and smell. Must possess vision, hearing and sufficient digital manipulation skills to utilize a farming equipment. The employee is frequently required to climb and balance, stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• The employee must be able to constantly operate hand tools, all terrain utility vehicles, and heavy equipment as an essential function of the job.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.