Job Description: Lab Technician
Maryhill Winery, located in the Columbia River Gorge, is seeking a full time laboratory technician to join our team. We work with 30 varietals in lots big and small, from growers in 170 mile range. Production is approximately 80K cases/year.
This position is responsible for all wine and juice analysis, QC for the bottling line and data entry.
We are looking for someone who has some experience in a laboratory setting and can maintain the highest work and quality standards. This position reports directly to the winemaker.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACTIVITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Collects samples from tanks and barrels and perform all routine analysis.
- Daily setup and calibration of lab equipment. (Y15 Automatic analyzer, pH meter, spectrophotometer, DO Meter, turbidity meter etc.)
- Prepares and standardizes solutions needed for analysis.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all lab analysis.
- Perform upkeep and maintenance of all lab equipment.
- Ensure precision and accuracy of analysis by calibrating and standardizing equipment/solutions on a routine basis.
- Be knowledgeable in and apply all standard operating procedures.
- Recognize results that are out of range and takes action, communicates and reanalyzes.
- Perform all necessary lab analysis when bottling, including QC before, during and after.
- Certificate or better in Chemistry, Enology, Fermentation Science, or related field.
- Previous lab experience required.
- Basic knowledge of winery and cellar operations.
- Ability to communicate and follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand any safety requirements and cautions.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Ability to lift/move 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb up and down stairs/ladders.
During the harvest season, this position may require working nights, weekends and extended hours. The ability to work flexible hours is required.
Compensation hourly $19-$23/hr based on relevant experience.
Benefits include, Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K
Add in your email
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.