With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
The Heavy Equipment Operator works under minimal supervision performs a variety of tasks using a tractor and/or all-terrain vehicles. Duties include brush removal, trenching, loading, grading, including all industrial equipment operations. Also repairs, maintains, connects, and disconnects equipment used to execute duties.
• Hiring Salary Range Posted: $21.00/hr - $42.00/hr
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits
• This position includes a competitive benefits package.
• Winery - Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
What You Will Do
• Operates industrial equipment (25HP-500HP) with attached or towed equipment, safely and accurately in open fields, wildlands, and confined vineyards.
• Performs routine tractor maintenance, connecting, disconnecting, adjustment of equipment, cleaning and washing of equipment.
• Perform vine removal and field preparation for vineyard developments.
• Perform maintenance on existing property infrastructure including roads, culverts, drainage systems, brush removal, and irrigation systems.
• Operates multiple small engine tools to include chainsaws, weed eaters, pumps, compaction devices and other small hand/power tools.
• Handles agricultural materials, such as pesticides and other agricultural chemicals using tractor equipment in a safe manner.
• Documents daily activity (date, ranch name, hours worked, job performed, tractor and equipment identification, name and quantities of material used) and completes equipment inspection checklist.
• Identifies and avoids problematic situations, such as areas that are too wet to treat, and situations which are hazardous to equipment, personal safety and the safety of others.
• Recognizes ranches and blocks by name; knowledgeable with surroundings and travels on the safest roads between different blocks.
• Understands and follows company safety rules and regulations.
• Reports daily to the supervisor any equipment problem or other observed problems.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
• Become a member of the Union and remain a member of the Union in good standing.
• Exhibits Intrapreneurship and Ownership behaviors:
• Intrapreneurship is entrepreneurship in an established company: behaviors that include thinking boldly, taking appropriate risks, learning from mistakes, showing initiative, and encouraging and reinforcing innovation.
• Ownership refers to behaviors that include setting high expectations, driving candid discussion, and holding self and others accountable.
What You Need
• Must have prior heavy equipment operational experience.
• Must have experience with various hand tools and small engine applications.
• Must have basic understanding of measurements, distances, slopes and be able to apply those skills to assigned tasks.
• Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
• Required to work rotating shifts.
• Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions.
• Required to lift and move equipment weighing up to 75 pounds.
• Required to be 18 years or older. This may be in addition to other age requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
What Will Set You Apart
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 4 harvest seasons operating various types of tractors and mechanical farm equipment safely and effectively.
• Certification from heavy machinery program or equivalent.
• Possess a valid Class A driver's license with a clean driving record.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
Requisition ID: 102738
To view a full job description, please click here.
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.