With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Locations - Chicago, Boston, New Jersey, New York, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan, New Hampshire, Tampa, Miami, Charlotte, DC, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, California, Seattle
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands.
Your Future.Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Currently E. &J. Gallo Winery is searching for a candidate to enter our 6-8 week Gallo Sales Internship Program. This program is designed to provide training and job shadowing within our Sales organization and related channels, Management and various projects and tasks as they relate to assigned areas. This program offers talented individuals the opportunity to engage in various parts of the business, interact with management, develop innovative solutions to real business challenges, and cultivate the next generation of leaders.
What You Will Do
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The program is comprised of the following commercial rotational assignments:
FIELD SALES REP
• Works with Field Sales Representatives to gain an understanding of retail sales. This includes selling, merchandising, retail store environment, as well as order entry and technical equipment. Job shadows District Manager, learning Management Techniques.
MARKET DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
• Works with a Market Development Manager to learn the on-line training roles, brand objectives,brand calendar and mid-month meetings.
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE MANAGER
• Works with a Business Intelligence Manager to learn more strategic facets of the business including: new product launches, 'shock and awe' strategy, pricing and inventory strategy,projecting needs in the field, and serving as a liaison between sales and the Business Units/
• Works with various managers from other channels of the business to learn about: Spirits, Fine Wine, Direct to Consumer and Shopper Marketing.
• Responsible for completing assigned project(s) and presents findings and results to management.
• Works with Sales Management to prepare project presentations.
This internship has several locations including, but not limited to: Chicago, Boston, Tampa, New Jersey, DC, Charlotte, New York, Minnesota, Indiana, California, Detroit, New Hampshire, and Dallas.
What You Will Need
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Currently enrolled at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor's degree; OR have obtaineda Bachelor's Degree.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to be 21 years of age or older.
• Required to lift and move up to 40 pounds.
• Required to travel up to 40% of the time to perform job duties.
Min Quals Standard
• Required to be 18 years or older. This may be in addition to other age requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
What Will Set You Apart
• Senior class standing at a college or university and working towards a Bachelor's degree.
• Demonstrated Leadership skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Experience in managing multiple assignments.
• Experience in problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated teamwork experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and reach with hands andarms. The employee is required to lift and move up to 40 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Hiring Salary Range Posted: $20.25 -$22.25 / hour
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits:
• This position includes a competitive benefits package.
• Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position or in the future.
Req ID: 103085
Gallo's policy is to afford equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees and not to discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, childbirth or related medic...
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.