The role is responsible for the execution of our Luxury Wine and Craft Spirits on and off premise objectives with our distributor partners and the trade in an assigned territory to ensure successful delivery of sales objectives. The Field Sales Manager will ensure we are achieving our fair share of business, growth and awareness in this important channel of business through regular interaction, account calls, training and education, distributor meetings, and alignment with the sales region.
Distributor/Customer Facing (90% of time)
Distributor Management (25%):
* Sales leadership with distributors and markets in sales region per the FW&CS portfolio
* Helps facilitate the relationship with principles in their territories (VP, Directors, Field Managers)
* Accountable for monthly programming and goal meetings with key distributor principles at region level - On / Off Premise Programming
* Owns Market Level Volume and KPI Plan collaboration and alignment with distributors and regions.
* Oversees and ownership for the elevation of the ASPIRAtional accounts, penetration into those accounts and continued month over month revenue growth in those targeted accounts.
* Successfully aligns and gains commitment from distributors to achieve the CBI plan and budgets each year in conjunction with their Sr. Director
* Owns performance management TBR and GSM preparation, challenges, and develops solutions to help close gaps in plan
* Analysis/insights of monthly performance with action plans to drive enhanced performance (Facts/So What/Insights/Actions) and communicate that analysis and insights to the Region and ASPIRA Sr. Directors. Take ownership to help implement.
* Accountable for budget management as pertinent.
* Ensures proper facilitation of key trade promotions and pricing strategy through the distributor organization
* Help to engage sales staff at distributor, monitor and implement pertinent local incentives to drive market level execution (On/Off)
Market Execution (65% of time):
* Manage the alignment of execution with distributor counterparts alongside Constellation teams.
* Active in market 3 full days a week, focusing on designated key ASPIRAtional target accounts as defined in beginning of fiscal year.
* Work with Sr. Director, ASPIRA on time management per time spent on/off or wine/spirits.
+ Approximate time on premise focus is 70% and off premise focus is 30%
+ Approximate fine wine focus is 60% and craft spirits is 40%
* Ensures the execution of ASPIRA programs in market; inclusive of trade and consumer events and in market work with's/trainings around the luxury strategy and build out.
* Lead execution of ASPIRA channel strategy in market; inclusive of ASPIRAtional target accounts and their elevation in dRev contributions and PODS month over month.
* Participant in key buyer meetings in collaboration with National Accounts team if needed
* For large regional accounts, participate in key buyer meetings and business review if needed
* Participant in key survey periods around periods to win (i.e. Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Winter holidays)
* Participant in key blitz or focus periods and ensures accountability of objectives around ASPIRA portfolio
* Guide the success of ASPIRA market level sponsorships and trade promotions, trainings, wine dinners, promotional or consumer events.
Communication/Feedback loop (10% of time)
* Participant on weekly/bi-weekly team calls for both ASPIRA and region cross functional team
* Participation in key marketing/trade/commercial planning feedback
* Weekly chatter feedback to marketing based on best-in-class execution and key competitive items or promotions
* In bi-weekly 1 on 1 with manager, communicates upwards any best practices or challenges around national strategy
* Communication with the Director, National Accounts ASPIRA around market level feedback on program execution
* Communication with Sales Enablement around any needs or asks for sales tools
* Based on feedback in regular performance management, dedicates time in deficient areas including but not limited to:
* Wine and Spirits Education
* Storytelling - participation and completion and implementation of the ASPIRA storytelling as a key pillar in one's presentations and sales call.
* Luxury Selling
* Presenting and Influencing Groups
* Sales Process training
* Brand Module completion
* Technology and App training (i.e. Compass, Excel, ppt)
* Financial Training
* Organization and business rhythm
* And/or any additional training and brand education as developed
* Ensure responsible spending of incentive, LMF and local budgets where appropriate
* Ensure proper and responsible spending of T&E with bi-weekly report submission and adherence to designated fiscal budget.
* Bachelor's Degree required
* Minimum 5 years of Fine Wine and Craft Spirits sales in either Supplier or Distributor required
+ 1 -2 Years of On-Premise Supplier or Distributor Experience preferred
* Familiarity with the market and key accounts preferred
* WSET level 3 Wine and WSET level 2 Spirits preferred
* Program and budget development, implementation, management and strategic decision-making experience
* Demonstrated ability in customer management within specific territory
* Keen understanding of the three-tier distribution system and compliance laws
* Proven experience and strong abilities in educating and motivating others to manage business effectively
* Excellent communication skills articulate with strong public speaking ability / experience and excellent writing skills. Ability to persuade and influence.
* Strong Microsoft Office Skills
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be able to stand, walk, sit
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
* Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms
* Climb or balance stairs/ladders
* Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk a
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.