Responsible for building Constellation Brands business with the trade, developing distributor relationships within the Fine Wine & Craft Spirits marketplace while providing leadership to the Field Sales Managers in the region to deliver on company's sales objectives and goals.
* Drive Accountability and focus against the Fine Wine & Craft Spirits portfolio among Sales leadership with distributors and markets in sales region (multiple states)
* Helps facilitate the relationship with principles in each market (Presidents, GMs, VPs) and drive increased mindshare of the FW&CS portfolio
* Attend QBR/TBR/CBP and other distributor meetings in markets with the region counterpart to provide strategic insights and outline opportunities for further luxury success in market.
* Prepare and attend any distributor programming and/or forecasting meetings, and provide insights and action plans for success
* Own implementation of processes designed to optimize allocation transition among sales teams within distributors
* Challenge internal distributor partners to enhance organizational/executional plans relating to the Fine Wine & Craft Spirits portfolio
* Oversee the channel guidance and management within the market; inclusive of ASPIRAtional target attainment and channel migrations to the strategy.
* Analysis/insights of monthly performance and collaboration of market action plans to drive enhanced performance (Facts/So What/Insights/Actions)
* Leads the transition of any portfolio moves within the distributor and our alignment with said distributor.
* Ensure execution around allocations, line extensions and NPD to drive the luxury vision of the FW&CS portfolio.
* Collaboration of pricing strategy and trade promotions with the region Sr. Directors and GSM to help build out the luxury wine and spirits strategy in market.
* Ensures CBI's execution of campaign or field/trade programs in market and recap and quantify ROI on those programs back to the region.
* Participant in key buyer meetings in collaboration with National Accounts team as needed
* For large regional accounts, participant in key buyer meetings and business review where applicable
* Implementation and execution of ASPIRAtional account list success
* Help Coordinate/Leads the Launch of any Line Extensions or Vintage roll-overs and Market Blitzes associated with each state
* Collaborate on Executional Customer/Target Lists as it relates to Product Allocation
* Track/Measure Brand health/performance across the markets to ensure appropriate attention/awareness of Fine Wine & Craft Spirits and develop action plans with the region when there are gaps or opportunities
* Assist in execution of wine maker visits, wine dinner events or ASPIRA consumer events as needed
* Develop channel strategy shift plan for the region to ensure proper channels are developed in the states for the luxury portfolio.
* Oversee the portion of the region's budget that is dedicated to the ASPIRA portfolio; from planning at fiscal start, monitoring throughout the year and calculating the ROI on the spend. Meet monthly with the region leadership team for alignment on the spends or shifts on the spend for ASPIRA.
* Build out training and education around the FW&CS portfolio for both the region, as needed, and for the distributor.
Communication/Feedback loop :
* Hold, at minimum, bi-weekly team calls with direct reports
* Hold, at minimum, 1:1 calls monthly with direct reports to review channel penetration performance, inclusive of the ASPIRAtional account lists, performance of ASPIRA items within state vs. state performance and plan.
* Accountable for state Fine Wine & Craft Spirits Line Extension/NPD forecasting and communication/alignment with the region
* Accountable for pertinent feedback to revenue management or markets around pricing strategies (defined period based on change) and communication/alignment with the region
* Accountable for feedback up through GSM based on feedback from ASPIRA team calls
* Participation in key marketing/trade/commercial planning feedback calls (defined period based on leadership needs)
* Input into key distributor strategy contract discussions around headcount and contract asks in relation to ASPIRA alignment within distributor (ad hoc)
* Cultivate and maintain a positive working relationship with region leadership counterparts.
* Collaborates with GSM to ensure proper alignment against key principles in chain organization and against distributor/customer network
* Drives accountability of execution of Fine Wine & Craft Spirits Estates Portfolio
* Facilitate educational development around Fine Wine and Craft Spirits across the Region, an ensure 100% Execution against brand modules, webinars and sales trainings.
* Help to develop culture across the region into a Fine Wine and Craft Spirits organization
* Facilitator of meetings to align on key initiatives relating to Fine Wine & Craft Spirits
* Within guidelines of national strategy, development of regional strategy alignment (i.e. pricing, trade promotions, sponsorships)
* Schedule in market one on one coaching time for FSMs each month, focused on execution, measuring performance, and development updates and refinement
* Hold bi-weekly meetings 1:1 with each direct report
* Working with Sales Enablement Department to provide necessary assets and tools for field development
* Reinforce any sales trainings with FSM reports.
* Accountable to develop team culture as defined by ASPIRA
* Talent Development and Management - 2x year
* Bachelor's Degree required
* Minimum 8-10 years of Fine Wine and Craft Spirits sales in either Supplier or Distributor required - On Premise experience preferred
* Familiarity with the market and key accounts required
* WSET level 2 & 3 preferred
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.