The Tasting Room Attendant promotes the sale of wine, wine clubs and non-wine products sold in the Tasting Room, while educating customers on Delicato history, brands and varietals. This position is also responsible for building relationships with customers and takes the initiative to provide excellent customer service and exceptional hospitality.
• Provides customer service that exceeds expectations both in person and through phone conversation
• Greets guests and pours wines for tasting according to procedure
• Assists customers in wine selections and describes wines, winery history and provides general tourist information
• Handles routine POS transactions using Tasting Room software which includes operating the cash register, processing returns, discounts, employee purchases, etc.
• Meets established sales goals for wine and wine club memberships
• Stays current on winery/wine knowledge
• Assists guests to their vehicles with large purchases when necessary
• Handles UPS /FedEx wine shipping using Tasting Room software
• Cleans and stocks wine and displays
• Assists with set up and break down for Tasting Room events
*Other duties may be assigned
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
• Understanding of basic winemaking techniques/procedures
• Must be 21 years of age
• Experience in customer service and operating a cash register preferred
Certificates and Licenses
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Flexible schedule / some nights and weekends required
• Outstanding customer service skills and ability to work with the public as well as fellow staff members
• Ability to effectively communicate with diverse client groups
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Meets changing priorities in the workplace with flexibility and enthusiasm
• Knowledge of best practices and procedures for CA Responsible Beverage Service
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Strong computer skills and data entry experience a plus
• Winery environment
• Occasionally may be required to lift and carry cases of wine
• May need to determine color, taste and smell of wine using eyes, tongue, and nose
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
California Pay Transparency Disclaimer: This is a Non-Exempt position. The pay range for this position is $16.75 to $26.18.
Actual placement within range will be contingent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to the candidate's qualifications, education, experience, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Delicato Family Wines offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.