Work Location : Black Stallion Estate Winery
Under general supervision of the Black Stallion Winery (BSEW) Hospitality and Events Manager, the Trade Hospitality & Events Coordinator actively helps facilitate, plan, and execute private and internal company sponsored events at Black Stallion Estate Winery (BSEW) and helps manage and deliver an excellent hospitality experience for the trade guests visiting the winery. Responsibilities include developing and overseeing meals, meetings, and events based on the winery and client requirements, assisting Hospitality and Events Manager in administrative and logistical matters pertaining to trade hospitality, including processing and calendaring hospitality requests forms, maintaining all BSEW property trade and event calendars, proactively reaching out to sales team to understand their priorities for trade visits, developing individualized guest experiences, and assisting in executing trade events. This position is required to be onsite.
• Creates and maintains proposals, contracts, and event orders for all events (meals, meetings, and larger events) to include timeline, schematics, vendor contracts, details, and guest requests within winery parameters
• Plans, organizes, facilitates, and executes private and company sponsored hospitality events. Reviews and maintains calendar of events for all private and internal sponsored events; secures all necessary workforce, equipment, and all other event-related requirements
• Acts as Event Captain during events; communicates with and supervises event staff to ensure accurate event operations and precise flow of event timeline
• Facilitates phone inquiries, emails, and general correspondence that relate to trade, corporate and private special events
• Oversees and participates in routine set-up and breakdown of event space
• Calendars, facilitates, and executes wine tastings, tours, and wine education-related activities for VIP, International, and Trade guests to showcase Black Stallion wines
• Processes billing for event functions, hospitality, and internal culinary
• Facilitates guest cottage check-in and check-out, performs walk-through and explains appliance functions, offered amenities and emergency procedures
• Executes sales and internal requests for guest visitations upon arrival in Black Stallion Guest Cottages as well as specific guest requests according to the Hospitality request form
• Maintains inventory and replenishment of hospitality essentials in guest cottages
• Acts as primary point of contact when the Hospitality and Events manager is not available
• Builds rapport and establishes relationships between trade guests and winery team
• Assists in developing and setting luxury standards of guest service, wine tasting experiences and events
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
• High School diploma or equivalent; Associate degree is a plus
• Three years' experience managing small and large events.
• Wine industry experience and wine knowledge is strongly preferred
• Flexible schedule, days of the week and hours of the day to meet needs of the DFW Sales team and Hospitality events including evenings, weekends and some holidays required
Certificates and Licenses
• Valid driver's license, appropriate automobile insurance coverage and clean driving record
• TIPS certified or certification within 90 days of employment.
• CA food handler's certification required.
• Must be 21 years of age
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Meticulous attention to detail and extremely organized
• Proactive planning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional active listening, verbal, and written communication skills
• Demonstrates excellent customer service and patience
• Must possess a friendly, professional demeanor and appearance
• Strong computer skills, MS preferred (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
• Working knowledge of the wine industry and/or culture
• Indoor and outdoor environment with exposure to the elements/temperature variations
• Exposure to weather-related temperature & humidity extremes
• Extended Hours
• Shift Rotation
• Occasionally may be required to lift and carry cases of wine
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner.
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training.
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
California Pay Transparency Disclaimer: This is a Non-Exempt position. The pay range for this position is $20.09 to $31.40.
Actual placement within range will be contingent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to the candidate's qualifications, education, experience, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Delicato Family Wines offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.