Tasting Room Manager – Argyle Winery
We have an exciting opportunity for a Tasting Room Manager to join the Argyle Winery hospitality team! Reporting to the VP of Consumer Sales and Hospitality, this role is responsible for leading and inspiring a culture of hospitality and luxury sales among the Tasting House team. This role will also be responsible for creating experiences that elevate and bring the Argyle Brand to life for consumers, resulting in achievement of financial goals, develop staff, and created a positive estate team driven culture. By leading the tasting room staff to focus on standards of excellence across hospitality, sales and teamwork, this position ensures the financial success of the Tasting House by delivering memorable and elevated guest experience by being a highly engaged and motivated hospitality team leader who embraces and estate mindset. The work schedule requires working weekends, requesting the incumbent work 40-50+ hours per week, as a FT salary, exempt position that is eligible for achievement bonus, as well as our outstanding benefits package!
• Must have minimum 7 years’ sales experience, preferably in tasting rooms in wine, beer, or spirits with direct leadership experience develop teams of multiple levels and experience.
• Previous sales, marketing, and/or hospitality experience required.
• Event production experience required.
• Must have direct experience building, maintaining, and engaging with guests in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Technical experience with customer account management (CRM) preferred, but must have experience with various POS (point of sale) systems and proficiency with MS Office Suite.
• Direct experience and knowledge developing and managing Annual Operating Plans, and experience that includes proficient ability in sales, goals tracking, ROI and analytics and over heading budget management.
• Knowledge of luxury sales and hospitality, proper wine service, and table management.
• Proficient collaboration and communication skills to make public presentations providing expert wine service.
• Must have understanding of basic DTC shipping and compliance regulations.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
• Extended wine education through third party certification is preferred but not mandatory, however must be comfortable relaying comprehensive understanding and knowledge of wine, winemaking process, history, vineyards, and Argyle portfolio.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develops initiatives to achieve the financial plan for the Tasting Room and Events channel
• Ensures implementation of experiences that drive consumer engagement and increase loyalty
• Manages programing in consumer experiences to drive sales
• Ensures weekly and monthly reporting is completed and communicated to the team
• Works cross-functionally with Argyle leadership to ensure estate mindset and teamwork
• Supports and ensure best in class experiences for trade consumers at the Tasting House
• Manages and assists in the development and execution of events both consumer, corporate, and club on and off property
• Manages the recruiting, training, development, payroll, employee paperwork, and coaching of all Tasting House staff
• Creates and ensures execution of staff education schedule to include, brand standards, policies and procedures, wine, and sales education
• Ensures all new Tasting House staff house are onboarded properly to Argyle standards
• Responsible for ensuring all meal and break periods are adhere to Oregon law
• Responsible the management of the maintenance and upkeep of the Tasting House
• Ensures POS material is developed and executed on time and to brand standards for the Tasting House and events
• Ensure the safety of our staff and visitors across the entire campus through regular safety monitoring and reporting
• Ensures all supplies for the Tasting House are budgeted and consistently maintained
• Ensure the security of all buildings during all hours
• Attend and actively participate in weekly manager meetings, One House meetings and Safety Committee meetings
• Monitor OLCC status for all service staff members
• Ensures execution of local destination awareness plan
• Ensures reservation system is maximized for revenue potential
Argyle Equity and Inclusion Statement - Argyle for All
At Argyle, we welcome differences, seek diverse perspectives and stand for fairness. While there will always be more work to be done as we honor and uphold the values of equity and inclusion, we strive to do the right thing, not just for today, but for the long-term. We understand that our words matter, but that our actions matter more. We are an equal-opportunity employer because we believe in equality for all. From our own employees to our guests, customers, community and industry partners, we are committed to treating everyone with the dignity, respect and kindness that they deserve. At Argyle, our doors are open to all.
By joining the Argyle team, you will be joining a team of diverse individuals, all passionate about our wines, our employees, and our business and what they do! We aim to provide a fun and inclusive culture where everyone can be the best they can be and have a great time doing it! When applying for this opportunity please provide a complete resume. Argyle is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.