With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
As a Tax Manager you will work with the Senior Tax Director to manage the sales, use, GST and property taxes along with special projects related to Income Tax compliance and planning. Ensures the accuracy, timeliness, and integrity of multi-state indirect tax returns, licenses, exams and other related compliance reporting. You will be responsible for analyzing tax situations and communicating tax strategies at all levels.
What You Will Do:
• Manages the Indirect Tax function to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations, as well as minimize risk and exposure.
• Works with Sr. Tax Director on tax research, compliance and planning in the areas of Federal and State Income taxes.
• Troubleshoots issues for prompt resolution and communicates and escalates as appropriate.
• Understands product taxability, tax resale/exemption certificate and license rules by jurisdiction and provides tax advice, guidance and training to internal and external stakeholders including operating companies, customers, vendors, other departments, etc.
• Implements Indirect Tax planning opportunities.
• Leads, develops and supports Indirect Tax staff.
• Works with the Sr. Tax Director on tax decisions and determinations based on an in-depth knowledge of the company, industry trends, tax research and changing laws to identify issues and value-add service opportunities.
• Participates in the preparation and management of departmental budget.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
• Develops, coaches and mentors peers, indirect and subordinate staff.
• If accountable for the work of others, conducts performance evaluations; reviews and communicates salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
What You Will Need:
• MBA or Master's degree in Accounting plus 2 years of progressive related indirect tax experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Bachelor's degree plus 5 years progressive related indirect tax experience to include 2 years in an indirect tax leadership role reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Supervisory or managerial experience.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
What Will Set You Apart:
• MBA or Master's degree in Accounting plus 5 years of progressive related indirect tax experience to include 2 years in an indirect tax leadership role reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Bachelor's degree in Accounting plus 7 years indirect tax experience to include supervisory or managerial experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• CPA license.
• Prior experience within the manufacturing or agricultural industry.
• Experience developing and implementing processes, procedures, systems and or standards.
• Comfortable and effective in the role of change agent.
• Management strength to provide motivational guidance and direction.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
• Hiring Salary Range Posted: $115,900 - $173,900 plus 10% bonus potential
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits:
• This position includes a competitive benefits package.
• Winery - Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
• Make sure to use the correct benefits link (salaried, hourly, union, etc) with the correct company logo/name.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 102837
Gallo's policy is to afford equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees and not to discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, reproductive health decision making, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nor will Gallo discriminate based on a perception that an individual has any of the foregoing characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Gallo will comply with state and local laws prohibit discrimination for lawful out-of-work behavior, such as off-duty use of cannabis away from the workplace (subject to federal and state law exceptions), the existence of non-psychoactive cannabis metabolites in hair, blood, urine, or other bodily fluids as determined by a drug screening test (subject to federal and state law exceptions).
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and loc...
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.