With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Located primarily at The Ranch Winery in Saint Helena, CA the Maintenance Team Leader is responsible for leading and developing high performance work teams that specialize in the installation, operation and repair of machinery used in production across the assigned sites/wineries at The Ranch Winery, Louis M. Martini Winery and William Hill Estate. Also responsible for managing quality performance, cost parameters, and customer service forinternal and external customers. The ideal candidate will posess strong leadership skills while portraying a sense of urgency on winery projects.
• Hiring Salary Range Posted: $110,000 - $165,000
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits:
• This position includes a competitive benefits package.
• Winery - Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
What You Will Do
• In collaboration with the Operations Leaders, engages maintenance technicians across the sites to perform daily activities at each winery site.
• Leads the day-to-day operations of team members on assigned shifts and locations to ensure a smooth workflow and achievement of goals and objectives.
• Leads behavioral based safety, quality, delivery, and cost performance measures.
• Ensures continued development of high performance work teams, deployment of lean principles and tools through a visual factory.
• Formulates training and "cross-site" readiness for crisis management.
• Enlists both internal and external resources to make improvements to standard work processes and material handling methods.
• Manages Covered Process operations at the various winery sites, where applicable.
• Works towards developing a standard for preventative maintenance and repair work order management system.
• Champions the 4E's (Engages, Enlists, Envisions, and Executes) throughout the organization.
• Monitors installation, operations, maintenance, and repair of mechanically functioning equipment, as well as electrical systems.
• Works closely with engineering disciplines in the enhancement of PLC controls to increase production quality, efficiency or volume.
• Executes capital projects as assigned.
• Communicates and interprets overall organizational directives and applies them to team and individual objectives.
• Functions as liaison, representing the team in general, interfacing and influencing other functions in the organization and working cross-functionally to improve processes.
• Ensures a safe working environment by utilizing the principles of behavior based safety.
• Ensures wineries operate utilizing established food safety and GMP policies.
• Ensures adequate staffing across locations in order to meet pre-established completion dates.
• Ensures budgetary compliance in support with site leaders.
What You Need
• Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of technical production/operations, technical maintenance, or military operations experience; OR High School Diploma or State-issues equivalency certificate, plus 8 years of technical production/operations or technical maintenance experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• 1 year of supervisory experience required or at least 1 year continuous employment with Gallo.
• Required to work an off-shift (swing or graveyard) when scheduled.
• Required to travel and work within assigned sites/wineries.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
What Will Set You Apart
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering plus 7 years of production or operations or technical maintenance experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Master's degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
• Experience working in a consumer product goods environment.
• Robotic-specific maintenance experience.
• Experience leading high performance work teams and providing motivation to achieve plan goals.
• Demonstrates team building, leadership and mentoring skills.
• Experience applying LEAN methodology.
• Project management experience.
• Experience carrying out assignments that are broad and difficult in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.• Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in the area of specialization.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 103067
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assi...
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.