With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Job location is Denver, CO.
Responsible for engaging in basic analysis which encompasses the full scope of the category development function to include the research of financial and business strategies that impact various sales projects, programs and systems and transactions for chain accounts in an assigned geography.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Provides comprehensive data analysis for all aspects of the wine and/or spirits category for an assigned account for any suggested recommendations.
• Maintains working knowledge of available databases and how to obtain and retrieve data as needed.
• Utilizes software programs (IRI, ProSpace, Spectra, Nielson, SMIS and chain data) to provide analysis to customer development team and assigned account.
• Adheres to "Best Practices" methodologies in all steps of the category development process.
• Participates in the development of "Plan-O-Grams" for divisions of responsibility and gives direction to the space management planner to execute.
• Provides analytical support for customer development sales teams by creating scorecards, performing market analysis and providing sales data and forecasting reports.
• Assists in projects and training efforts as needed.
• Partners with COE Director on Gallo special projects (i.e., set flow, proper adjacencies, set methodology). Participates in preparing new item presentations, commerce marketing presentations and annual business reviews.
• Controls and monitors business expenses (meals, transportation, lodging, etc.).
• Embraces innovation and demonstrates entrepreneurial mindset -Driving future-focused change.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
Essential Functions Standard
• Exhibits Intrapreneurship and Ownership behaviors:
• Intrapreneurship is entrepreneurship in an established company: behaviors that include thinking boldly, taking appropriate risks, learning from mistakes, showing initiative, and encouraging and reinforcing innovation.
• Ownership refers to behaviors that include setting high expectations, driving candid discussion, and holding self and others accountable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
• Bachelor's degree plus 1 years of sales or category development experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Associate's degree plus 3 years of sales or category development experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 5 years of sales or category development experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Computer skill requirements include: basic MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
• Required to obtain Liquor License as required by state/locality.
• Required to travel by air and car as part of job duties.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
• Required to be 18 years or older. This may be in addition to other age requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
• Bachelor's degree in Food & Consumer Product Goods or Food Marketing plus 3 years of sales or category development experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of Gallo winery sales or affiliated or non-affiliated distributor sales or category development experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• 1 years Gallo Category development experience.
• Skilled in the use and application of data and data tools-IRI, Scan data, Nielsen, Household Panel, Spectra, sales data, Trade Dimensions, consumer data, MS Access and other query tools.
• Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
• Experience writing reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and informational presentations.
• Experience effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
• Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
• Experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Experience performing work that is varied and may be somewhat difficult in character, usually involving limited responsibility, requiring frequent evaluation, originality or ingenuity.
• Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of this particular field of specialization.
• Skilled in leadership and teamwork functions.
• Skilled in planning and organizing work through effective project management.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.