With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
US Remote is an option for this role.
We are looking for a HNW Tax Accountant with at least 3 years of experience with tax compliance. Join a team of experienced accountants and bookkeepers, who provide tax and financial services for a large family including related business interests and trusts. Role includes providing a variety of cash management services, tax compliance and long-term planning advice. Maintenance of personal financial statements, preparation of journal entries, and review of bookkeeper work. Continuously looking for areas of improvement to accounting procedures and policies.
What You Will Do:
• Prepares tax returns for individuals, trusts, S-corporations, LLC's, partnerships, foundations and tax-exempt entities. Ensures tax compliance.
• Prepares selected property tax statements.
• Assists with providing financial analyses and financial planning advice for individual family members and their business entities.
• Performs detailed accounting and prepares financial statements for individual family members.
• Participates in the maintenance and review of general ledgers, accounting records and preparation of journal entries. Participates in accounting support projects.
• Ensures validity of data reported by financial institutions enabling client to make informed decisions.
• Provides advice, tracks and monitors investments.
• Participates in special tax planning projects.
• Conducts tax research. Identifies tax issues and opportunities.
• Participates in process improvement projects.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
• Opportunity to work a hybrid schedule depending on client needs. Expectation for in-office work 3 days per week
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance plus 3 years of experience with accounting and tax preparation reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• CPA or CPA eligibility.
• Knowledge of standard accounting concepts, practices and procedure.
• Computer skills requirements include: intermediate MS Excel and MS Word. Tax and accounting software knowledge required. Familiarity with Quickbooks is a plus.
• Ability to confidently and accurately interact with family members on a daily basis.
• Candidates are required to complete a credit check for this position; the results do not automatically disqualify a candidate from employment, but will be individually evaluated to determine if the results disqualify the candidate for employment in such a position.
What Will Set You Apart:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance plus 5 years of experience with accounting and tax preparation.
• Public accounting firm experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Familiarity with charitable foundations and trusts.
• Bookkeeping experience.
• Ability to utilize experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Ability to perform work that is varied and may be somewhat difficult in character, requiring frequent evaluation, originality or ingenuity.
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements, tax returns and documents.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and clients.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Knows and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of this field of specialization.
• Experience using discretion when dealing with confidential information. Maintains trust and good working relationship with clients.
• Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills.
• Good communication skills.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
• Hiring Salary Range Posted: $78,300 -$130,600
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits
• This position includes a competitive benefits package.
• Winery - Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 102836
Gallo's policy is to afford equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees and not to discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, reproductive health decision making, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nor will Gallo discriminate based on a perception that an individual has any of the foregoing characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Gallo will comply with state and local laws prohibit discrimination for lawful out-...
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.