Wilderton was founded in Oregon in 2019 as an early leader in the exploding non-alcoholic drinks industry, to bring a craft spirits sensibility to mindful cocktails, with liquids worthy of playing a part in the growing mixology culture. Unlike other non-alc spirits brands, we were founded by distillers, who make our own liquids from scratch in our first in the nation distillery in Hood River, OR, through a unique production process blending tradition with technology. Drawing on techniques from craft distilling, perfume making and tea production to create complex, bold liquids that won’t be mistaken for anything currently behind the bar.
Our products, ethos and culture are crafted wild & free. We are driven by curiosity, integrity, inclusiveness, and balance.
Company Website: www.wildertonfree.com
Through the organization and study of sales data, inventory management systems, and financials, the Business Insights and Financial Analyst will be trusted to improve the business decisions of the company. This could include optimization of channel mix, customer mix, product mix, the sales funnel, production & inventory planning/reporting, and financial metrics and margins.
CEO & Co-Founder and working alongside various members of the accounting, operations and sales teams. Given the small internal headcount at Wilderton, there will be ample opportunity to work with the whole team, including Founders, CFO, Sales and Marketing Directors.
Sales Data Analysis: Approx 1/3 the effort will be maximizing sales performance via data exploration
• Building and cleaning datasets in Excel from exports of our internal sales data, distributor case depletions and, when available, retailer point-of-sale data.
• Determining important KPIs, and tracking KPIs vs. plan and industry benchmarks. KPI examples could include Customer Win Rate, Reorder Rate, Velocity, eComm cohort performance, etc.
• Providing key metrics to colleagues building sales decks, investment decks, etc.
• Making recommendations and presentations (weekly, monthly, quarterly) to the Wilderton Executive Team on best strategies to optimize customer mix, channel mix, product mix, pricing/discounts, sales processes, and many other business strategies.
Inventory & Production: Approx 1/3 the effort toward:
• Collaboration with Founding Distiller and Operations team for:
o Planning for raw material purchases
o Planning for production, development, and maintenance of finished
o Reconciliation of Monthly Inventories (finished goods, raw materials, WIP)
• Optimization of inventory management/ERP software
• Management of cost of finished goods (and COGS)
• Liquid, Packaging, Labor, OH costing
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A): Approx 1/3 the effort toward:
• Monthly reporting (vs plan) to key stakeholders and leadership team, with
clear understanding on all variances as well as potential risk to plan
• Driving the annual budgeting process and collaborating with all function
heads in building up (bottom up) budget for the year (sales, production,
• Creation and ownership of 3-way working financial model to project annual
• Completion of periodic LEs to annual plan
• Cash modeling
• Long-term financial planning/modeling (3-5 year outlook with cash impact)
• Clear understanding of investor contract (ie. Accounting treatment,
milestone, terms, board meeting minutes, etc)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• College Degree required
• Financial knowledge of major financial statements and invoicing/expenses; accounting degree is a plus, but not necessary
• Background in food & beverage or similar CPGs
• DTC experience a plus
• High proficiency in Excel, including knowledge of medium-to-advanced formulas, fast navigation through existing models and even faster building of new analyses, data cleaning, gut checking, data triangulation, and all done so with accuracy
• Deep familiarity with Quickbooks
• Ability to perform in an entrepreneurial environment, where all employees must fit well together (there’s no transferring of work groups), and all employees must proactively seek the next task with limited formal training
• Experience with VIP (Vermont Information Processing) Beverage industry sales reporting system a plus
• Experience with ERP/Inventory management systems
• Microsoft Power BI familiarity
• Efficient and can juggle multiple projects while still hitting timelines and high quality standards
• Understanding of GAAP accounting (specifically within manufacturing/CPG)
• Split of approx.. 50% home office and 50% at company Hood River facility. (Must live within one hour drive of Hood River, OR)
• Must have driver’s license and a reliable car
• Occasional night & weekend responsibilities
• Legal status to work in the USA
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.