Three Sticks Wines, one of Sonoma's most extraordinary wineries, is currently seeking a motivated, energetic, and seasoned Tasting Room Host to join our incredible hospitality team at the Adobe. We are a dynamic and growing organization, passionate about wine and hospitality. We believe in a ‘whole team’ mentality, with a culture where team members support each other and work together to create a welcoming and hospitable environment. The successful candidate is friendly with an outgoing demeanor and a willingness to help wherever needed.
YOU WANT TO WORK HERE! Come join our amazing team!
The Tasting Room Host reports to the Adobe Manager while working collaboratively with the entire hospitality team. This is a part-time role working primarily Sundays and Mondays. During the busy season the schedule may include Wednesday and/or Saturday and holidays. The Tasting Room Host is responsible for performing hospitality and related duties at the Adobe as well as external event sites. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Uphold high standard of hospitality and deliver superior customer service experience
• Assist in all hospitality duties, including in-person and virtual tastings, tours, and events
• Assist with coordination of Adobe reservations, scheduling & client visits when necessary
• Perform day-to-day tasting room floor operations and opening/closing procedures
• Facilitate client communications – written and phone
• Support DTC Operations team in executing tasting room shipping/receiving and wine allocation shipments (including packing wine shipments)
• Acquisition, input, and maintenance of accurate customer data, including but not limited to:
o customer mailing lists
o detailed customer profile notes
o accurate and timely club customer set up
o use of correct order types and order tagging
o Receiving inventory orders and stocking appropriately
o Notifying Adobe Assistant Manager/Lead Host of necessary supplies/office supplies
o Maintaining décor at the Adobe (keeping it neat and tidy, dusted, etc.)
• Sales Administration, including release sales and event sales
• Telesales / Customer and Club Member Outreach when necessary
• Provide Social Media/Blog content to DTC/Marketing team (photos, important info, etc.)
• Wash/buff wine glasses after tours and reset tasting room
• Management of cleanliness & appearance of the Tasting Room
• Maintain a neat and tidy sales office and bathroom storage area
In addition to these primary duties, Three Sticks asks all its employees to be cross-trained and capable of many tasks, including helping to maintain the overall quality of the Adobe. Training and experience will be provided as time and opportunity allow you to grow, learn, and develop new skills within these parameters.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• 3+ years tasting room experience
• Relevant wine industry or direct sales experience
• Genuine desire to provide hospitality with warm personality that demonstrates sincere engagement
• Ability to maintain a positive "can do" attitude
• Ability to manage change and adapt to quick-changing environment with ability to remain calm and detail-focused during periods of high volume
• A true passion and knowledge for wine, wine production and the history of winemaking
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Must have superior phone skills
• Must have great knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs & POS Systems
• Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.