FORT ROSS VINEYARD & WINERY
Dedicated Farming, Masterful Winemaking, Profound Wines
Fort Ross Vineyard & Winery is seeking a dynamic candidate to join our talented, collaborative Tasting Room and Marketing teams. For 30 years Fort Ross Vineyard, located in the exceptional Fort Ross-Seaveiw AVA, has crafted Estate Grown, highly regarded, cool-climate Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Pinotage that have great purity and elegance. The beautiful tasting room is surrounded by spectacular vistas overlooking the Pacific Ocean far below. Our Estate has become one of the most visited and acclaimed wine destinations on the Sonoma Coast. We offer our members and guests world class hospitality and memorable experiences with our masterfully produced wines elegantly paired with our chefs’ selections, all presented in spectacular surroundings.
The ideal candidate is a positive team leader who has a track record in Wine Hospitality Management. Responsibilities include growing DTC Sales, managing our Wine Club, Digital Media, DTC marketing, Website updates, E-Commerce, Email campaigns, as well as Events, experiences and local outreach. This key position reports to the VP of Sales and Marketing.
Essential responsibilities include:
Wine Club & DTC
• Build annual programming calendar for wine club, emails and phone campaigns to maximize sales, profit, and consumer engagement
• Lead Brand Ambassador for wine club activities
• Increase Wine Club Membership & Decrease attrition
• Ensure the highest level of club member personalized customer service
• Monitor credit card updates and declines, and take action to reduce and minimize credit card declines
• Processing wine club shipments through fulfillment and delivery
• Maintain and report Key Performance Indicators pertaining to club sign-ups and cancellations
• Call wine club members as needed to maintain loyalty and increase sales
• Create and manage meaningful wine club benefits and Member loyalty campaigns
• Create and execute programs to increase DTC revenue
• Create new customer experiences and host private appointment tastings
• Achieve annual DTC, Tasting Room, Web and Wine Club sales goals
• Target top 20% of DTC customers and Members for personalized emails & tele sale
Marketing and Promotion
• Create programs to increase tasting room traffic for qualified buyers
• Develop and produce merchandising and POS materials related to club and DTC sales
• Execute Club & DTC Emails and newsletters
• Keep website content current, e.g. Events and Shopping Cart, wines, press, etc.
• Manage customer database and maintenance.
• Ensure integrity of data capture
• Increase Mailing List
• Developing and maintaining DTC marketing calendars, campaigns and metrics
• Local Outreach
• Managing reciprocal marketing relationships with regional businesses
• Develop personal relationships trade, guests and club members
• Local tastings.
• Assist VP Marketing with Media and Press submissions
• Developing and maintaining Social Media calendars, campaigns, analytics and metrics
• Create and execute Social Media posts on relevant platforms
• Photography for Social Media
• Vendor quotes, ordering and tracking of marketing and production supplies as needed.
• Ensure that wine club and consumer revenue goals are being achieved, including fulfillment and incremental sales.
• Produce monthly sales reports as required by manager.
• Events: Develop and manage club member and customer events, budgets and analytics
• Ensure events are staffed, support with event execution, and maintain Event P&L
• Create invitations, attendees list & manage RSVPs
• Represent Fort Ross Vineyard at both on and off-site consumer and wine club events
This position requires candidate to work from our Tasting Room several days or more per week depending upon the season and Wine Club requirements.
Additional Duties & Specifications
• Occasional Tasting room hosting as needed
• Fulfilling other duties assigned
• Special projects as requested
• Work closely with VP Sales & Marketing as well as the TR Manager
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years related experience required
Sound appreciation of wine and ability to communicate about it meaningfully
Outgoing personality and a desire to educate and share with guests
Excellent in-person and telephone communication skills
Previous hands-on experience delivering exceptional customer service
Expertise in social media and marketing channels
Ability to prepare financial reports and data
Experience in inventory management and wine club management systems
Excellent leadership, multi-tasking and organizational skills
Polished and professional writing, presentation and communication skills
Proficiency in MS Office programs including Excel is required
Knowledge of Vin 65 and POS systems
Excellent driving record and ability to take visitors on vineyard tours
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, some evening events, holidays, and periodic overtime.
Must be 21 years old
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on an intermittent basis
Ability to work in a standing and/or walking position for long periods of time
Adherence to all company established health & safety protocols
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.