Position Summary: The Prepared Foods Associate will prepare meal ingredients, simple dishes, condiments, and other items as directed by senior culinary staff.
• Maintains a positive and motivated attitude when working with customers, fellow employees, and especially during high-stress situations. Shows respect for others.
• Works well in a collaborative environment and is proactive about finding ways to help team members. Follows directions as communicated. Is capable of adapting to new directions as they change with business needs.
• Maintains a clean and well-sanitized workstation. Keeps floors, counters, and equipment clean during and after the shift. Maintains a clean uniform during a shift by using extra precautions, avoiding soiled areas, and submitting for cleaning services.
• Arrives to work on time for scheduled shift, positive, prepared, and in full uniform.
• Has a full understanding of the tasks required for the position. Asks questions whenever there is uncertainty regarding a task.
• Accomplishes tasks efficiently. Able to complete tasks quicker as experience builds. Proactive at finding new tasks as other tasks are completed, operating with little management oversight. Goes above and beyond what is expected as an employee.
• Always practices complete customer service by immediately greeting and welcoming customers, constantly anticipating and graciously assisting with customer needs, saying thank you, good-bye, and inviting customers back.
• Works with Store Manager and culinary team to communicate customer requests/suggestions, new menu items, as well as new projects and procedures.
• Attends tastings, seminars, and other team events as needed.
• Prepares meals and other food, ingredients, and other mediums as directed by the head chef, senior chef, or other staff.
• Complies with all company safety policies, practices, and procedures. Participate in safety training and report all unsafe conditions or work practices. Is proactive about maintaining safety and health standards. Quickly cleans spills on the floors and removes any possible dangers that may be evident in the work environment.
• Participates in team efforts and performs additional duties as needed.
• Functions well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Works quickly and efficiently within a team and maintains personal hygiene.
Language: Ability to speak and understand basic English required for all positions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as memos, instructions, policies, and manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to present information effectively to groups of customers and/or employees, and participate in one-on-one and small-group situations.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately, using standard American units of currency, weight, volume, and/or distance. Ability to recognize and correct inaccuracies when using a calculator or computer spreadsheet.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to a variety of tasks and duties. Ability to adapt to minor changes in routine, solve basic problems, and work with moderate supervision.
• Possess basic computer skills including e-mail, internet, and keyboarding.
Education, Experience, Certificates, Licenses:
• High School diploma or GED; or 1-3 months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid or ability to obtain Food Handler card.
• Current, valid Driver's License, insurable driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance required.
• Moderate physical activity performing occasional somewhat strenuous activities including standing, walking, climbing, reaching, and carrying. Manual dexterity is sufficient to reach, handle items, and work with the fingers. Requires lifting and moving objects up to 40 lbs. in weight. Clear vision (close and distant) and ability to adjust focus. Hearing is adequate for telephone, retail, office, and group conversation.
• Primarily in a well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor setting with adequate ventilation. Periods required with changing conditions. Short periods outdoors while conducting business moving between buildings. Moderate noise levels typical of public space: music sound system, public conversations, telephones/cell phones, large groups.
• Prolonged periods of standing and working in a kitchen.
• Exposure to extreme heat, steam, and cold present in a kitchen environment.
• Must be able to work late nights and unpredictable hours.
• Manual dexterity to cut and chop foods and perform other related tasks.
Schedule and Travel Requirements
• Variable schedule: primarily a set schedule but may require weekends, periodic evenings, and/or periodic or seasonal overtime.
• Position does not normally require overnight travel.
• Hours assigned based on business needs, PT employees can expect 0-29+ hours per week.
Boisset Collection is an equal opportunity employer.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.