This role manages marketing and Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) sales/operations for the Yangarra and Hickinbotham wine businesses located in McLaren Vale, SA, Australia. The role reports directly into the Vice President of International Marketing for Jackson Family Wines (JFW), based in Santa Rosa, USA and it involves working closely with the local winemaking, sales, finance, and customer service teams as well as the JFW International brand team, creative and PR teams based in Santa Rosa, USA. The role includes management of the Cellar Door manager and Cellar Door associates as well as day-to-day management of the Marketing coordinator. The role is responsible for ensuring brand standards are adhered to across all communications globally and for recommending and executing strategic brand initiatives for the local Australian and international markets. The ultimate objective of these activities is to support the achievement of sales and revenue goals in all channels; and to build brand equity, with a focus on the DTC channel.
• Day to day management of brand and trade marketing for Yangarra and Hickinbotham.
• Day to day management of 2 direct reports: Cellar Door manager and Marketing coordinator (based at the Yangarra winery).
• Work with and support the JFW Australian trade and international sales teams to provide programming ideas to drive sales, brand selling tools, manage events (in the domestic Australian market) and other sales support.
• Develop, implement, and oversee Yangarra and Hickinbotham DTC strategy and the management of all Cellar Door sales activities, including:• Establishing DTC sales goals, and prepare reporting to be reviewed with management monthly
• Developing and managing DTC campaigns
• Implementing and managing the Wine Clubs
• Developing strategies to build the Wine Club and mailing list and to minimize Wine Club attrition
• Develop and implement strategies to increase Cellar Door visitation
• Develop and execute cellar door experiences/tastings that best represent the wines
• Oversee digital marketing including brand website content, and social media management
• Oversee creation of new brand assets: photography and video
• Manage PR activities within Australia in collaboration with winemaking and JFW global PR:• Oversee the distribution of media samples, wine show entries, communicate results and reviews, and capitalise on key trophies, awards and reviews in all relevant sales channels.
• Oversee wine allocations by market and channel.
• Create annual marketing plans for the Australian domestic market that represents key brand objectives and support the sales plan for all channels and align with global brand strategies.
• Stay current on industry news, category trends, and competitive activity and make recommendations for pricing, innovation/NPD, or portfolio rationalization in line with trends, winery supply, brand profitability, and brand objectives.
• Work with the winery, JFW creative and suppliers to implement packaging for new products and new vintage releases.
• Manage the communication of new products and new vintages to JFW sales
• Represent the winery in relevant regional, trade and consumer events/meetings
• Manage all trade and consumer events
• Other duties as assigned by JFW VP International Marketing
Position Selection Criteria
• Wine industry experience essential
• Strong understanding of marketing and brand management
• Good management skills with proven experience managing direct reports
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to solve problems
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually
• Ability to work remotely with flexible hours to accommodate time difference with JFW US-based team
• Proven high level of organisational and time management skills
• Flexible, dynamic approach to business.
• Proficiency in MS Office products and social media marketing platforms
• Minimum of 5+ years' experience in industry.
• Marketing, Communications, or similar degree
All JWE Australia staff and contractors are required to:
• Act at all times in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
• Comply with the Work Health and Safety management system.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.