JONATA and The Hilt Estate
Full Time & Part Time
We are not your standard winery looking for not your standard individuals to join our small, vibrant and passionate hospitality team!
Offering exceptional earning potential and benefits for full-time employees, The Hilt Estate offers an environment well suited for ambitious individuals who wish to grow in the world of wine and hospitality. We seek personality over experience and are willing to train and mentor the right candidates. This is an exciting opportunity to join an international team with significant partnerships in Los Angeles and beyond.
DESCRIPTION OF WINERY: We are estate producers with a world-class reputation focused on cabernet sauvignon, syrah, pinot noir and chardonnay at the highest levels. We run a small team that is dedicated, smart and a pleasure to work with. We strongly believe in the advancement of our team members and providing the tools they need to grow into future responsibilities and therefore seek individuals who wish to challenge themselves.
PRIMARY ROLE: Provide guests with an incredible experience! Conduct public, private and VIP tours of the winery, grounds, and related operational areas. Build consumer loyalty through compelling, personal stories of the team, winery, and wine portfolio that in turn creates both buyers and brand ambassadors of the winery.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
-Provide an exceptional and memorable wine experience for each guest by understanding and confidently articulating brand image & brand portfolio.
- Ensure consistent standards of presentation at every point in the guest experience.
- Engage with each customer to identify and tailor the experience to their interests.
- Effectively communicate in a professional and welcoming manner.
- Promote Subscription & Membership Sales.
- Efficiently operate POS system and maintain accuracy in all transactions.
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with guests & members.
- Prepare the tasting room for opening & closing based on operating procedures.
- Represent winery at outside functions as needed.
- Cleaning, glass washing, inventory stocking, and other tasks as needed.
- Work as a team with other associates to reach set daily and monthly sales targets.
- Prepare food for wine pairings, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
Be a nice person.
Exemplary customer service standards. Be willing to "go the extra mile" to satisfy our guests.
Positive & friendly attitude!
Flexible schedule with the ability to work weekends, some holidays and evenings.
Excellent communication skills.
Enthusiastic about wine, food, & customer service.
Self-motivated, positive with a good attention to detail.
Previous experience in related retail or hospitality sales a plus.
Previous restaurant service experience a plus.
- Must be able to work daily from the Santa Ynez Valley.
- Physical requirements: able to lift 50 lbs., be over 21 years old, able to stand and to walk for long periods of time (up to 5+ hours at a time)
Photography or design
Cooking or a passion for good food
A love of music, travel, and the arts
A fan of scavenger hunts
All facilities and vineyards are located in the Santa Ynez Valley and will require the position to be on site in the Sta. Rita Hills
Final work schedule will be based on Tasting Room hours and will include weekends and evenings.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Earnings begin upwards of $20/hr
- Tips & commissions
- Full-time employees are eligible for benefits and paid vacation after probation period
Please be prepared to send an up to date resume as well as a short summary of why you feel you would be well suited for this position.
Equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.