At Landmark, we live by the philosophy and guiding principle that the best grapes make the best wine. By sourcing grapes from the finest vineyards and regions, we create the best of California in every bottle.
Landmark Vineyards is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Assistant Winemaker to join the production team. The Assistant Winemaker should be familiar with all cellar activities such as fermentation management, harvest logistics, and nutrient supplementation. In addition to a comprehensive knowledge of winemaking practices, the candidate is expected to possess very strong organizational, administrative, and communication skills.
- Working at the direction and expectation of the Winemaker to coordinate and manage all aspects of the cellar to ensure quality and operational efficiency with the Cellar Master
- Ensure all company policies and safety policies are adhered to in respective working areas
- Ability to manage day-to-day details, while maintaining a grasp of company-wide longer-term goals of producing a luxury brand
- Direct all cellar activities including grape processing, fermentation management, additions, movements, blending, storage and the finishing of wines
- Direct cellar staff to ensure conformance to quality standards, safety standards, in-house winemaking protocols and government regulations
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity and quality of all wines on premises
- Delegate duties effectively amongst production team while interacting with various departments and personality types
- Supervise all harvest interns and work closely with lab harvest intern
- Responsible for day-tthe o-day operation of the laboratory
- Generate and input work orders into winery software
- Collaborate and work-cross functionally across the business unit and winery businesses (JUSTIN & Lewis Cellars)
- Champion WOW (Way of Work), the company's continuous improvement program
- 3 years of wine production experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in Enology/Viticulture or related field preferred
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English. Conversational Spanish desired
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, SharePoint) and familiarity with winemaking software
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines; strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of modern sanitation protocols and experience in the procurement/QA of packaging supplies is desired
- Working knowledge of all winemaking equipment, processes, and procedures within the winery
- Must be able to perform complex calculations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Pay Range: $70,000 - $75,000 base salary and includes a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including subsidized gym memberships, virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Nestled at the base of the Mayacamas Mountain Range in the Sonoma Valley, Landmark® Vineyards epitomizes the rustic grace and beauty of Sonoma County. Since 1974, Landmark has been dedicated to producing handcrafted, ultra-premium Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, sourcing grapes from unique vineyard sites throughout California to create rich, balanced wines. Its Hop Kiln Estate is a registered California Historical Landmark and expands Landmark Vineyards’ presence with two tasting rooms and properties in Sonoma and the Russian River Valley. Their signature wine, the Overlook Chardonnay, has appeared on The Wine Spectator Top 100 list six times. Landmark’s wines may be purchased via select wine shops and restaurants, or directly from Landmark’s Tasting Room, online store, or through membership in the Wine Society. To discover more about Landmark’s remarkable approach to winemaking, visit www.landmarkwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.