The Hospitality & Events Manager will represent the culture and philosophy of The Napa Valley Reserve. The Hospitality & Events Manager will authentically live our values, with curiosity for people and understanding and engaging with others’ interests across different subjects. By providing exceptional hospitality and a memorable experience when planning and executing special experiences at the winery, the Hospitality & Event Manager is responsible for establishing and nurturing long-term, repeat business from existing and new members, and with internal and external partners.
The Hospitality & Event Manager will excel by using creative and organizational skills to ensure each function is executed with the highest level of detail and professionalism. This position requires a high level of discretion, organization, and attention to detail to perform the essential duties necessary directly related to the policies and practices of events. The Hospitality & Events Manager works within a small team responsible for the full calendar of events and answers directly to the Director of Hospitality.
Event Planning & Management
• Responsible for managing all aspects of Member events, Including creating timelines, preparing event materials such as BEOs, planning menus and wine pairings.
• Responsible for creating bespoke event proposals and working in conjunction with the Director of Hospitality on pricing strategy.
• Oversee execution of events by being a presence at all private Member gatherings, host groups tours of the property.
• Manage preparation of collateral materials for events, including but not limited to: timelines, work schedules, printed menus, place cards, seating charts, guest lists,invitations, etc.
• Set up of Tours &Tastings and host, as needed.
• Liaise with vendors and catering partners to create custom designs and menus.
• Prepare billing summaries for final event invoicing and billing reconciliation.
• Maintain fiscal responsibility and oversight of Member and Curriculum experiences.
• Communicate with Members regarding activities and programs of The Reserve, manage RSVPs and guest lists for Curriculum Events.
• Perform administrative tasks such as: maintain events database, oversee master schedule of events, update essential events documents, create events folders, send weekly events updates to staff, update Visual One database for event scheduling and forecasting, scanning and archiving of events files.
Member Experience Management:
• Maintain a seamless experience for Members of The Napa Valley Reserve, from initial orientation to future visits throughout their tenure as Members.
• Build deep relationships and a continued understanding of the motivations for Members’ interests, with the possibility to enrich their experiences through our offerings.
• Create personalized experiences that encourage full immersion into Membership benefits.
• Lead Member experiences as a consistent point of contact for current and future visits to The Napa Valley Reserve.
• Act as the key point person when Members are booking education wine experiences with The Wine Center and wine and cuisine pairings, as well as all other activities that the Membership is offered.
Organization & Collaboration:
• Utilize The Napa Valley Reserve’s database to keep Member details up to date; Maintain a comprehensive and consistent system for outreach and follow-ups.
• Collaborate with the greater team to build out immersive and elevated programs for experiences, focused on Napa Valley wine, cuisine, and culture.
• Maintain and build close relationships with Member wineries, local restaurants, and cultural centers in Napa Valley and beyond.
• Collaborate with The Napa Valley Reserve on-premises teams – Winegrowing & Production, The Wine Center, Membership Director, Fulfillment, Hospitality & Events Team, Director of Hospitality, Director of Sales & Marketing, and Director of Communication on event curation and unique programming.
• Coordinate with Fulfilment Manager regarding Member wine allocations.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in luxury guest/Member relations.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and Hotel Operating Systems – i.e., V1 or Opera
• Driver’s License
• Passionate and knowledgeable about wine, food, and agriculture, with a willingness to broaden the knowledge base.
• Strong interest in professional wine tasting and wine service skills.
• Well-versed in event management and execution, including client/Member communications, production coordination, maintaining vendor relationships, and food & beverage logistics.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to take full ownership of events or assist the Hospitality & Events Team as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, exercise independent judgment, and use resources to proactively to solve problems.
• Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
• Stand/sit for long periods of time.
• Have frequent need to perform the following physical activities: bend/stoop/squat, climb stairs, push or pull, reach above shoulders.
• Extensive computer work.
• Frequent deadline pressures & numerous projects in progress at any given time.
• Occasionally lift up to 40 lbs.
• Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities.
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends, holidays.
The Napa Valley Reserve is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.