With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Supporting Talbott Vineyards, the Operations Team Lead will be responsible for individual and team development, quality performance, cost parameters, and service to customers (internal and external). Responsible for leading a team of individuals who possess varying levels of experience and education by providing in-depth training in manufacturing, distribution, and supply chain processes. Also is responsible for leading team members through problem resolution and performance improvement. Maintains a broad influence on the organization both cross-shift and cross-functionally in helping to manage the business and drive improved performance. Areas of focus are Production, Quality or Training.
• Hiring Salary Range Posted as $79,100 - $118,700
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits
This position includes a competitive benefits package.
Winery - Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
What You Will Do:
• Communicates and interprets overall organizational directives and applies them to Team and individual objectives.
• Acts as liaison, representing the Team in general, interfacing and influencing other functions in the organization.
• Plans the overall operations of one or more areas or units and ensures achievement of goals and objectives either directly or through subordinate staff.
• Participates in the design of formal training programs.
• Conducts presentations and formal training programs for audiences of varying levels of sophistication.
• Ensures a safe working environment; conduct safety programs.
• Ensures GMP.
• Monitors and ensures achievement of goals, objectives, and timelines.
• Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Develops or approves recommendations to change systems, policies and procedures; ensures timely and accurate implementation.
• Works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
• Directly supervises and oversees the day-to-day operations of a group of employees to assure a smooth workflow.
What You Will Need:
• Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of production, operations, or logistics management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of military operations and leadership experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 7 years of production, operations, or logistics management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Required to possess supervisor or manager experience.
• Required to work day, swing or graveyard shifts as scheduled.
• Required to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
What Will Set You Apart:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business Administration plus 5 years of manufacturing operations management, or logistics operations management experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• MBA or Master's Degree in Engineering.
• Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions. Experience interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and dealing with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Experience handling unusual or difficult inquiries/situations through direct personal action or referring to the appropriate individual.
• Experience influencing others.
• Experience working with all levels and functions within the Company.
• Demonstrates team building, leadership and mentoring skills.
• Bilingual in Spanish and English (spoken and written).
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 101947
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.