Acting on own initiative, the Buyer is responsible for planning and procurement of materials, equipment, and services for the indirect, direct, POS or professional services commodity categories. This position ensures maintenance of all sourcing records, pricing, receivable/invoicing, supplier relationship and metrics.
• Procures specified materials and services at optimum prices, terms, conditions, and quality; orders effective quantities of materials and communicates re-order purchasing efficiencies; manages pricing and spending while identifying opportunities for savings
• Partners with cross-functional teams, including Category Managers in strategic sourcing events, supplier rationalization and consolidation efforts; QC and Accounting to track supplier performance; AP to support invoice discrepancy resolution
• Keeps abreast of all pricing changes, sources, cost drivers, market conditions, availability, and lead times of materials assigned to purchase
• Administers contracts terms and conditions for assigned materials and services
• Manages delivery of orders ensuring prompt review, follow-up and expediting; arranges shipment of returned items, and clears invoicing problems as needed
• Develops and maintains effective supplier relationships to support the company's cost controls and asset utilization; manages multiple suppliers for like materials
• Purchases materials and services for other departments and/or divisions as directed by the department manager
• Assists with project implementation function, co-packer relationship, and special projects as assigned
• Builds strong relationships with other functional areas to recommend and implement solutions to supply issues and opportunities
May be responsible for the following duties, based on assigned commodity category:
• Creates purchase orders, purchasing agreements and blanket purchase orders using SAP MRP signals or as requested
• Maintains MRP controllers for assigned category which includes master data optimization, Tilt team report out and annual standard costing input
• Works closely with Marketing, Brand, Customer, New Product Development and Planning to support NPR/CO/ECO projects including 411 reviews, Cork updates and monthly luxury bottling project management to meet bottling and shipping deadlines
• Manages materials through the vintage transition and CSA alcohol change process while supporting weekly wine planning reviews
• Reviews and routes all supplier artwork for internal marketing, compliance, and winemaking approval; works closely with Creative Department with project integration, press checks and draw down samples
• Engages with Packaging Engineer, Dispatcher, Material Operations and supplier to track quality and delivery deviations for notification or ISO corrective action request
• Negotiates the creation of purchase orders and blanket purchase orders
• Forecasts and procures all materials, supplies, equipment, ingredients/chemicals, services, and other items necessary for the business
• Receives competitive bids, analyzes and provides recommendation for Category Manager review
*Other duties may be assigned
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
• Associates degree in Supply Chain, Accounting or Business is desired, or equivalent experience required; Bachelors degree is preferred
• 3-5 years experience in purchasing, procurement or sourcing; extensive knowledge of supplies, materials, and services
Certificates and Licenses
• Certifications with APICS, CSCMP, ISM (CPSM) and/or Lean preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Must have advanced purchasing skills i.e. sourcing, and supplier relations
• Detail oriented
• Experience working with ERP Systems (SAP, JDE, Esker, etc.) and automated purchasing tools and strong skills in Microsoft Office suite tools
• PC skills, good communication skills, excellent organizational ability and proven problem-solving ability
• General office/ environment
• Required to drive automotive equipment
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
California Pay Transparency Disclaimer: This is a Exempt position. The pay range for this position is $63,105.12 to $98,595.12.
Actual placement within range will be contingent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to the candidate's qualifications, education, experience, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Delicato Family Wines offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.