Irrigator with experience in operation of vineyard irrigation systems. Primarily responsible for day-to-day operation and maintenance of drip and sprinkler systems.
* Field work including checking lines, cleaning filters, plugging leaks, and replacing drip emitters.
* Responsible for the operation of pumps, motors filter systems and control systems.
* Checks and maintains levels of water reservoirs and check pond integrity.
* Checks and maintains reservoir water quality and controls algae and weeds in and around reservoirs.
* Report daily irrigation/fertigation amounts by block
* Perform light equipment maintenance as directed
* Directly responsible for frost protection systems in coordination with vineyard supervisor/manager. Responsible for monitoring temperatures and activating the frost control systems where applicable.
* May perform light repair of sprinkler systems which requires repairing below ground piping.
* Start and stop diesel motor engines that pump water through irrigation systems and open/close valves to direct water flow.
* Checks irrigation system for consistency in flow and pressure and adjust valves to ensure uniform distribution of water.
* Patrols irrigated vineyards on ATV to detect leaks, breaks, weak areas or obstructions and potential damages to the irrigation system.
* Purchasing irrigation repair supplies and materials such as pipe, fittings, emitters etc.
* Inventory management of irrigation parts.
* May perform specialized duties within the vineyard such as pruning, tying, suckering/shoot thinning, weeding, wire movement, leaf and fruit thinning, hand harvest, vineyard layout and irrigation installation.
* May also perform various maintenance tasks such as trellis repair, hoeing, drainage repair, and irrigation repair.
* May drive tractor, ATV, or utility vehicle or truck to accomplish various vineyard practices such as discing, mowing, suckering/shoot thinning, weeding, wire movement, leaf and fruit thinning, vineyard layout and irrigation installation.
* May also include the use of light tools, such as weed eaters, backpack sprayers and chain saws.
* Responsible for maintaining straw and diversion methods to control erosion
* Responsible for rodent and bird control.
* Responsible for compliance with CBI sustainability policies and practices which are economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally sound. This is done by supporting programs at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental results.
* Safety-follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety.
* May require the use of a smart phone or tablet for record keeping.
* One-year general irrigation experience with drip systems
* Knowledge of basic math
* Ability to work with standard vineyard equipment using proper safety precautions
* Required to use hand tools with sharp edges
* Five-years or more experience with drip systems
* Emotional Maturity
* Initiative/Results Oriented
* Building Productive Working Relationships
* Quality and Work Standards
* Be Engaged
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
* Ability to work continuously in a standing and/or seated position for long periods of time
* Ability to stand and walk over rough terrain in a predominantly outdoor environment
* Requires frequent and repetitive bending
* Will be exposed to temperature fluctuations, insects, reptiles, equipment noise, dust, and at times, chemicals and fertilizers
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climatesWorks in high places
* Works on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
Operations and Production
The salary range for this role is:
$15.55 - $22.37
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, the prevailing minimum wage for the location, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnan