If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEKDA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a passion for making high quality wine. This position works directly with the Winemaking Team and will be an integral winemaking support position, helping to facilitate daily harvest winemaking responsibilities. This position does not require Cellar or Lab work; however, interns will work with members of the Cellar and Lab to achieve daily responsibilities.
This is a temporary assignment, generally from mid-July through mid-December. Schedules are determined on an as-needed basis to keep up with grape processing. This may include weekend work, and overtime.
* Assist winemakers with vineyard monitoring and picking decisions
* Work with winemakers and cellar leads on grape receival, pressing, facilitating and prioritizing workload
* Conduct daily fermentation monitoring including tank temperatures, cap inspection and management
* Monitor winemaking trials, review of lab analysis and update harvest spreadsheets.
* Taste and evaluate wines with Winemaking team
* Generate work orders for grape and wine processing
* Help Winemakers with other projects/assignments as needed
* Ability to work from mid-July through mid-December
* Ability to work various shifts including weekends and overtime
* Recent graduate or pursuing a degree in Enology and/or Viticulture or related field
* Excellent organizational and communication skills - oral and written
* Technically capable (especially MS Office applications)
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Previous harvest experience in winery production
* Able to work independently with minimal supervision
* Well-developed wine tasting skills
* Familiar with Vintrace
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Work Environment:
- Works outdoors/indoors
- Works in warm/cold climates
- Works in high places
- Works on wet surfaces
- Is exposed to loud noise, dust, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
- Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
- Primary office environment may be warehouse/distribution setting
* Occasional travel with ability to work weekends and overtime.
* Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Ability to stand and walk over rough terrain in a predominantly outdoor environment. Requires frequent and repetitive bending. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The salary range for this role is:
$19.00 - $27.00 an hour
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).