Demeine Estates is a family-owned producer, importer, and marketer of the world’s finest wines. The company is an integral part of the vision of the Lawrence family and its growing wine enterprise. Starting in 2018 with the purchase of Heitz Cellar, the family embarked on an acquisition strategy of multiple historically significant vineyards and estates in Napa Valley and Bordeaux. Demeine Estates was launched in July 2020 to provide sales and marketing services, supporting all distribution and trade channels, for the Lawrence Wine Estates portfolio. The family vision was to balance the owned-brands with like-minded, family-owned import wineries. Since 2021, Demeine Estates has added six world-class international wineries to the portfolio: Champagne’s Legras & Haas, Burgundy’s Domaine de Montille and La Chablisienne, Sancerre’s Domaine Roc de l’Abbaye, Piedmont’s Ca’ Rome’, and Tuscany’s Marchesi Mazzei family of brands.
Led by President, Philana Bouvier, Demeine Estates is already a leader in luxury wines and has doubled business revenue in two years and maintained an average shelf price of $74 SRP. In 2022 the company was nominated for Wine Enthusiast’s Importer of the Year. Demeine Estates sets the standard in exceptional marketing, fine wine sales, and distribution services.
The Brand Manager opportunity at Demeine Estates affords the ideal candidate an incredible
opportunity to join an exciting fine wine player and to provide leadership and vision to create a best-in-class marketing organization to support the dynamic portfolio of Lawrence Wine Estates and new import supplier partners. They will also play a role as a key contributor to sales strategy. This is the dream job for an individual who is passionate about the fine wine business and is driven by creating marketing plans and content that build brand image and achieve superior results. The business is well capitalized with an ethos to create something exceptional and unique in all it undertakes. Demeine Estates is in a dynamic growth stage and requires the insight and experience of a wine industry professional that has maintained oversight of all aspects of brand management, including brand planning and budgets. This role is also open to accomplished individuals who have worked in a support role in fine wine brand management. As a part of the team, you will gain experience in marketing to the trade in national wholesale and P/L responsibility. Demeine Estates supports all wholesale channel sales and marketing efforts of the Lawrence Wine Estates wineries and the import portfolio. The Brand Manager will be a strong strategist and organizational leader able to influence the course for Demeine Estates and will create the short- and long-term marketing plans necessary for successful growth and profitability. The portfolio will grow to approximately 100,000 cases in the near term. The Brand Manager will work closely with, and report to, the SVP, Global Brand Strategy & Marketing, and will help promote the image of our portfolio and the company. Lawrence Wine Estates operates in a fairly decentralized manner to promote the individuality of the estates. The Brand Manager will develop and support all communication efforts and practices up, down and across the organization to support building camaraderie within the Demeine Estates team as well as Estate wineries. They will ensure the timely sharing of information critical to maintaining an organized and efficient operation, especially through this time of dynamic growth.
• Contribute to marketing and sales strategy, including three-tier sales and programs, creative development, public relations, winemaker travel, and event marketing
• Develop, implement, and clearly communicate brand marketing objectives, strategies, programs, and tactics for all assigned wine brands
• Develop ongoing relationships with winery personnel and provide superior customer service to our winery partners
• Develop and implement brand standards that provide consistent messaging, imagery, and quality cues
• Work with outside agencies to manage marketing materials to brand standards
• Establish brand marketing budgets for assigned brands and track and evaluate brand spending / profitability
• Apply strong financial context to decision making, preparing reports and presentations as needed
• Lead and conduct category/brand/competitive set analysis to support strategic planning process
• Work with Sales VPs, Regional Managers, and distributors to drive distribution goals
• Assist with industry analysis, tracking key competitor trends
• Organize market work and trade trips
• Coordinate shipment of wine samples
• Assist in preparing brand presentations and business reviews
• Five years of work experience with three years in the wine industry
• Knowledge of 3-tier distribution system a plus
• Strong strategic skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Bachelor’s Degree with course work in business/marketing or equivalent experience a plus
• Ability to perform basic business and wine industry computations such as currency exchange rates, discounts, commissions, and margins
• Demonstrated analytical skills with experience in forecasting and marketing research
• Strong people skills and intellectual curiosity are preferred
• Ability to leverage Microsoft 365 Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, etc.) to create thorough and clear analyses and persuasive presentations and recommendations
• We are a small office so this role will serve as a support role for a diverse range of marketing department projects
Salary range does not include additional bonus opportunity.