Ernest Vineyards, an independent winery based in western Sonoma County, is
seeking an enthusiastic new addition to our small-but-mighty team at our new Tasting Lounge on the Healdsburg Plaza.
At Ernest, we give everyone the opportunity to create, progress, and lead with the absolute best in cutting edge tools, technology, training, and education. We thrive in a responsible environment, where everyone is united by the ambition to share the beauty of our region, to shepherd the purest expression of the grape, the terroir, and the vintage, and to preserve the planet. On our team, we each bring different viewpoints, cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and we are united by our mission to work as one working by these principles:
• Smart: We possess the intellect needed to innovate and execute
• Spirited: We have boundless energy and passion for our work and life
• Confident: We bring a can-do attitude to get the job done
• Open-Minded: We are open to alternative approaches and types of people
• Fun: We laugh and learn together
About the role: Our tasting room associates are responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with our customers while promoting the sale of our wines and wine club.
1. Provide an educational, fun, and positive tasting experience for all our guests & wine club members.
2. Be an enthusiastic ambassador of Ernest Vineyards, Edaphos by Ernest, and Eugenia.
3. Educate and recommend Wine Club membership to all guests.
4. Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of all areas of the Tasting Lounge and Parklet, while performing additional assigned tasks.
5. Coordinate and lead group tastings.
7. Have a passion for wine and deliver exceptional hospitality to all guests.
8. Participate in offsite pourings, events and team meetings.
*Other duties may be assigned.
1. Outstanding hospitality and customer service skills.
2. Oral and written communications skills.
3. Computer literacy – knowledge of Figure, and Tock software is a plus!
4. Professional demeanor and appearance.
5. Sales aptitude and understanding of all components of sales.
6. Must be at least 21 years of age.
7. Must have a flexible schedule – weekends and some holidays are required.
8. Ability to work as part of a team/family
9. Ability to work independently without supervision
10. Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50lbs.
11. A love of wine, people and hospitality is a must!
About Ernest Vineyards
• Launched in 2012, Ernest, Edaphos, & Eugenia labels produce approximately 8K
cases annually. Garnering high praise from global wine critics, we focus on cool-
climate sites that deliver wines of restraint and subtlety.
• We prize proactive communication, teamwork across all positions, flexibility, and
innovation in getting our daily business needs accomplished. We laugh. We learn. If
this environment sounds like how you already live your life, our company may be a
good fit for you. Local candidates only.
• Ernest Vineyards is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers
qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, religion, veteran or disability status.