• Hybrid & Flexible work environment- option to work out of Mumm Napa in Rutherford or Kenwood Vineyards in Sonoma
• World Number 2 in Wine and Spirits with an unrivalled portfolio of iconic brands
• Benefits & Product allowance
• Beautiful wine country location
The Finance and Accounting Manager is a leadership role with two direct reports and reports into the Finance Director. As a key member of a tight knit finance team the Finance and Accounting Manager has a broad set of responsibilities that include cost accounting, inventory reconciliations, OPEX forecasting, and surplus deficit modelling. The role provides key insights and business partnering in support of operational decision making.
The ability to effectively lead a team in a hybrid and multi-site environment is critically important to being successful in this role. Clear communication is vital to success as this role partners across the organization both locally and with affiliate companies in Australia & New Zealand.
The Pernod Ricard way
We have our own way of doing things. We call it conviviality! It is our way of being, and something unique you feel and experience when working for Pernod Ricard. We are committed to conviviality which means you will be Empowered to Perform, supported to succeed, and acknowledged for the value you bring. You will be Proud to Belong to our Pernod Ricard family.
All this is combined with our Commitment to Care, with a strong focus on sustainability and responsibility where our “Good times come from a Good place” and the only trace Pernod Ricard leaves behind is conviviality.
Be part of something bigger
We are an international family with over 19,000 employees spanning 73 countries, Pernod Ricard are the world number 2 in the wine and spirits industry. We have an unrivalled portfolio of iconic spirit, wine, and champagne brands such as Absolut, Chivas Regal, The Glenlivet, Jameson, Mumm Champagne, as well as Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate, Stoneleigh, Campo Viejo, Mumm Napa and Kenwood wines.
Our employees are our brand ambassadors, and our employees are at the heart of our company.
Key Role Responsibilities
Effectively lead and manage a team of two (Cost Accountant and Financial Analyst), providing mentorship and guidance and driving continuous improvement. Responsible for team task prioritization, the accuracy and timeliness of deliverables, and providing clear communication of key messages and financial drivers to senior leadership.
Team responsibilities include:
- Standard cost calculation, vintage costing & product cost setup
- Manufacturing variance reporting and analysis
- Inventory reconciliations and inventory stocktake support
- New product profitability analysis & value engineering
- Work order close management
- Transfer pricing calculation and setup
- Business unit spend forecasting and reporting
- Bulk wine sales forecasting and reporting
- Winemaking cash flow forecasting and reporting (wine cash out)
- TTB reporting
- Surplus deficit modelling and business partnering
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Economics, or related discipline
• 5 or more years of progressively responsible experience in financial and managerial accounting (cost accounting experience is a plus)
• 2 or more years of people management including goal setting and evaluations
• Experience within a manufacturing environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities, workflow and meet tight deadlines
• Professional Accounting body qualifications / membership or working towards
• Business experience in wine industry and/or FMCG
• ERP experience (JD Edwards); Hubble
• Proficiency in PowerBI
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• 401k + Match
• Product Allowance
• S&R Initiatives, Career development, Global reach
Diversity & inclusion at Pernod Ricard
We believe that building richly diverse teams and an inclusive culture is integral to delivering our business strategy.
Pay Transparency Disclosure: The base pay scale for this position is $100,000- $120,000 per year with variable compensation included. These figures represent what we reasonably expect to pay for this position, but the actual compensation offered will depend upon numerous job-related factors, including but not limited to candidate qualifications, skills, experience, education, location, and alignment with market data. The Company reserves the right to modify the range in the future.