This is a key position in ensuring our guest and members receive the highest level of luxury hospitality. The employee will be the first contact for most guests via email, phone and in greeting visitors to the estate. A friendly, warm and gracious ambassador to the estate providing an understanding of the experiences we offer, the wines we produce while assuring the highest level of customer service. This role will further provide critical support the Tasting Room Team with reservations, order entry, organization, bar back duties, and other hands-on support.
This role will require heavy administrative duties, Concierge and bar-back assistance for the Hospitality program. As a small winery and team, we all pitch in wherever we are needed and this job will be a position player as well.
• Answer the phone in a prompt and courteous manner and assist guests with scheduling reservations and placing phone orders maintaining superior customer service.
• Respond to voicemails and emails in a timely and professional manner.
• Accurately input orders with a high attention to detail for all data to be entered as required.
• Monitor orders daily, checking for accuracy and following up with the Systems & Logistics manager about order readiness for final processing to fulfillment.
• Work with estate director and tasting room lead to coordinate the daily visitation flow of the tasting room.
• Build and maintain relationships with other industry professionals for referrals.
• Assist guests and members with recommendations of other wineries, restaurants, and hotels.
• Assist with set up, break down of tasting spacing, buffing glasses, stocking collateral, and other helpful tasks to assist the Hospitality program.
• Assist with packing purchased for guests.
• Assist the Estate Host with greeting or seating guests when needed.
• Assist with follow-up contact of members for updates to their profile, order pick up, or general problem solving.
• Other side projects as assigned.
• Must be highly organized, task oriented with a strong attention to detail
• Must maintain a high level of professionalism and emotional maturity with a positive attitude under all circumstances.
• Possess ability to clearly communicate over the phone, in writing and in person.
• Possess a positive, friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment.
• Skilled in computer applications with strong working knowledge of Outlook and Excel.
• Knowledge of wine and passion to continually learn more.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• High school diploma – college degree preferred
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to drive as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner at all times. Frequently required to talk and hear, stand, walk, climb, bend, taste, smell, use hands to handle inventory, wash kitchen items, buff glasses, reach with hands and arms, pull, push, grasp, and stoop, and lift and carry items up to 40 pounds. Work is sedentary in nature but may require standing and walking for up to 50% of the time.
Compensation is based on experience. Larkmead Vineyards provides health, dental, vision, 401k, Vacation, paid holidays, and other benefits to full-time employees.